Purging all my gear and getting an Axe FX 3

We are kindred spirits broseph.

Did the Stealth, QC, and ENGL thing. (Though I have the Fireball) Grano is high on my “want to try but too impatient to go on a 4 month waitlist” list.

Never played a Dual Rec. Never jivved with the QC model of it, but the Badlander 20w has piqued my interest to at least give it a try.

I’m in a purge it down to the essentials mode myself, but my gawd what an epic rig to have lying around. I’m gonna pour one out for that setup.
The Badlander 50 has a 20w mode
:rollsafe

We are kindred spirits broseph.

Did the Stealth, QC, and ENGL thing. (Though I have the Fireball) Grano is high on my “want to try but too impatient to go on a 4 month waitlist” list.

Never played a Dual Rec. Never jivved with the QC model of it, but the Badlander 20w has piqued my interest to at least give it a try.

I’m in a purge it down to the essentials mode myself, but my gawd what an epic rig to have lying around. I’m gonna pour one out for that setup.
I'll say the recto model on the QC is the worst I've tried across the helix and Fractal units. They are unique as most mesas are in how the controls interact.

I will say imo the badlander is only similar to a dual rec in that it's in the name lol if you want the dual rec experience I recommend an older 2 channel one or the multiwatt.

My vote would be for the multiwatt

Last edited:
I'm doing the exact same thing except I'm keeping all my old stuff and buying a couple more amps and cabs every couple of months; just in case.

giphy.gif

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. As stated the Axe Fx just works better for me. Don't really view it as an excuse?
My feathers aren’t ruffled by any stretch. I’m glad the AxeFx works for you and it is a very nice piece of gear… it’s just interesting that the most expensive modeler is some how a bargain trope is still being slung around.

You really can't go wrong with Axe3 + fc12. It's a solid viable choice for just about any situation you could ever find yourself in as a guitarist.
I saw on the other site you were deciding between your Kemper, FM9, and maybe a stomp (?). Did you end up switching to tubes in the end?

Wtf and here I am complaining about my little stomp giving me to many options and headaches.. want to cut it in half! Damn updates freeing up dsp and shit…

But yeah.. this thread helps.. a little

Back