PRS SE McCarty 594. How much marital trouble is it worth?

Piing

Roadie
I've always been into Strats and SuperStrats. Never been a Gibson LP guy. Too heavy and anti-ergonomic for my taste. But now I am very curious about the new PRS SE McCarty 594, since PRS seems to overcome some of the Gibson inadequacies.

There is a $1,048 offer from the official distributor in Thailand that expires tomorrow, Sunday 22nd: Advance a deposit of $200, and get in on Wednesday 25th January paying the difference (and get a free PRS Headstock Tuner). The normal selling price here will be $1,500

I am craving for the Singlecut Black Gold Burst

326170500_865245444589336_2084573043738661099_n.jpg

The problem is that I will not comply with the Guitar-In/Guitar-Out rule, so I may be in trouble :cop😅

200.gif

Can you suggest some clever excuse?
:rollsafe

Last edited:
The problem is that I will not comply with the Guitar-In/Guitar-Out rule, so I may be in trouble :cop😅

Can you suggest some clever excuse?
G-I/G-O. Ok, if taken in the order written, that means the G-I comes first. It doesn't clarify when the G-O part of the rule must take place. As long as it happens sometime before another G-I, I'd say you're in compliance of the terms.

Not a single discouraging advice saying that this guitar is not worthy at all?
images
you're not helping :rofl

BTW, Am I the only one that doesn't like the shape of the PRS double-cut? Maybe I am so used to the iconic Fender Strat shape that any deviation from that on the two horns is perceived as an abnormal malformation
charles laughton disney GIF

I've also heard that the single-cut version has more "oomph" at the low-mid frequencies. Can that be true?

Last edited:
Not a single discouraging advice saying that this guitar is not worthy at all?
images

BTW, Am I the only one that doesn't like the shape of the PRS double-cut? Maybe I am so used to the iconic Fender Strat shape that any deviation from that is perceived as an abnormal malformation
charles laughton disney GIF

I've also heard that the single-cut version has more "oomph" at the low-mid frequencies. Can that be true?
Personally, I prefer the single cut. But I'm as excited as you about an SE 594. Played an SE Paul's guitar Friday that was pretty.great - super light but all the weight tonally one wants from a Gibson-y HH guitar.

Talking about deformed double horns, Why so much hype about the SE DGT that has been released at the same time of this SE McCarty 594? All YouTubers, Influenzas and their mothers are on fire. I used to think that they could not come with higher words to say how much do they love the product they are reviewing, but with the SE DGT they are on chocolate steroids.

Would I make a mistake if I get the SE 594 instead of the SE DGT, aka "the best inexpensive guitar in the world that everyone was waiting for"?
1674368852373.png

Last edited:
I assume you've checked out the specs. I'd suspect they'd feel like 2 different animals, with the different scale lengths, and the lighter strings on the McCarty 594.

I assume you've checked out the specs. I'd suspect they'd feel like 2 different animals, with the different scale lengths, and the lighter strings on the McCarty 594.
Yes. I want something different to the Strat, more LesPauly but without the Gibson stigma. If I am not wrong, I assume that the 594 is more on that territory. And without trem

I've pulled the trigger! But I don't know where the bullet will hit :facepalm:clint:banana

Do you know what was has convinced me? The hook on the gigbag to hang it inside the closet. That is brilliant!!! She never iron my clothes :rofl

Thanks to Phillip McNight for the revelation
1674395291136.png

He literally says: "there is a hook here so you can hang it in your closet or behind the door to get it out of the way". As soon as I heard "out of the way" I was illuminated :idea

GIF by New Girl

Last edited:
Back