Baroni amps (Jeval and AFK150)

GuitarJon

Roadie
Hey guys,

These days compact solid state and hybrid amps are popular. Costs of shipping around gear and traveling jabe obviously gone up. The BluGuitar amp 1's are great amps in that regard. I'm sure everybody knows of those now. They are not the only amps in that form factor in the market. Baroni (from Italy) make some interesting hybrid amps for your pedalboard (or desk). 2 channels, 150w, analog tone, compact and with a unique design.

I got to try the AFK150 which is their previous model. It has a clean channel and a vintage crunch channel. Sounds cool! The drive channel certainly does that plexi style tone well. The new Jeval is more up my alley though. It has the same clean channel but the drive channel is high gain. Sound wise it's not super tight like an EVH or ENGL, more like a Diezel/DSL etc. Nice and fat tone!

The feature set is a bit stripped down in comparison to the BluGuitar amps but they could come in handy for fly rigs and stuff as they are easy to carry around and are really loud as well.

Here's a little review/demo:

Back