Post Your Favorite Guitarists Playing Their Sickest Stuff

Paul is mesmerizing to me in this, with such a wonderful mix of outright shredding and melodic playing and phrasing. Simply mind-blowing!!

I was in the US Navy when Scarified and Racer X first came out. It blew me away. Still does.

They put the tab in one of the guitar magazines around that time back then, and I worked
and worked on it. Never did get close. :LOL:

He's brilliant!

Pre-car crash Yngwie
This exact video got me into playing guitar when I was in high school. I didn't even know you could play the guitar like that and it blew me away.
I've since seen the video for the entire show on Youtube and it's as killer as you'd expect. Yngwie is just ferocious and I can't help but get fired up when I hear it.

That Alcatrazz album is my favourite Yngwie. Such a GREAT album. I think I posted a
song or two in this thread back a ways. :beer

That album has been in heavy rotation here the past few weeks. :headbang
Yes! I have that album and still one of my favorite Yngwie albums, with Rising Force and Marching Out.

This exact video got me into playing guitar when I was in high school. I didn't even know you could play the guitar like that and it blew me away.
I've since seen the video for the entire show on Youtube and it's as killer as you'd expect. Yngwie is just ferocious and I can't help but get fired up when I hear it.
That sequence at the 4:57 mark blew my head off back in High School. It still looks fake :rofl

I'm going a different direction and posting something from a lesser known guitarist but is probably my current guitar hero. I recorded this a few years back and I'm missing the beginning of the solo but here's Matt Jalbert of the jam band Tauk just ripping over Nirvana's All Apologies:

If you have an account over on Nugs.net, you can check out the full version here. Can't recommend them as a band enough- they'ren an instrumental 4 piece out of New York city blending rock, jazz, funk. soul. Here's one of their fan taped shows over on the Live Music Archive (Dead Signal is a blistering track from this concert)

Back