So this Dino guy

JT

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Saw this on Blabbermouth yesterday. This guy has a great voice. But the whole "one foot in the 80s thing, unironic fishnet shirt or gtfo" he seems to be lumped in with(in my mind at least) or playing with fretless Gandalf just isn't what I want to hear from a voice like that :idk

He did some Pantera tribute over in Hungary and his voice sounds KILLER for this level of heaviness. Odd parallel side tidbit. It's weird that the (RIPPING) guitarist is using a Zakk guitar
:unsure: :bag:rofl¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I would really dig hearing dude doing something HEAVY as he really bridges that era of Phil where the music is fast and thrashing but there is still melodic content to the vocal lines. Good stuff. Other hardcore dude is 'fine' on vox but I would much prefer Dino do the whole show \m/

Damn, he tore that up!!!!

That particular technique of slipping between full on distorted notes and a clean voice or a voice with just a bit of grit is a fucking bitch.

Damn, he tore that up!!!!

That particular technique of slipping between full on distorted notes and a clean voice or a voice with just a bit of grit is a fucking bitch.
Yeah his voice is the PERFECT tone for that album. Right in between, where it needs to be \m/

Dino is the best metal vocalist out there right now IMO. I love that he has so many pots in the fire as well. He's got his own band (Jelusick), Whom Gods Destroy, he did the vocals for Micahel Romeo's most recent solo album, he toured with Trans Siberian Orchestra, and he's the vocalist for Whitesnake.

Yeah, they really killed it!

I saw Pantera twice. Once opening for Bad Brains at the Limelight in NYC and the other time at the Roseland Ballroom when Crowbar opened for them.

At Roseland I stood halfway back by the sound booth (usually I'm right up front) because I just wanted to chill and listen to the music. I can see the back of my head fourth from the left at 1:06.

The pit was so intense I kept moving back but it didn't let up until about 15 feet from the back of the ballroom.

It was the most intense pit I've ever seen and yes, they absolutely slayed in both concerts. Glad I saw them live while I could.

Last edited:
Poor dude has to "slink back" to lowly Russell Allen when he's done

:oops: :hmm:rofl
Hog all the good singers why don't you?!?!

Back