Poll: Do you, have you or will you play live with your modeler?

Do you, have you or will you play live with your modeler?

• I actively play live or in a band

• I have no plans to play live or in a band

• I am too old to play live but I use to

• I play only for personal enjoyment

• I am looking for a band to play with

• I play live but use my amp

Results are only viewable after voting.
I only got into modeling because of the needs for certain live gigs, and that’s still why I use them. Carrying a load box, cab sim, and amp was not fun…. Back then there wasn’t a slick all in one/two option for that. 3 separate devices. And my amps back then were combos, so I had to lug the speakers too. Gross…

D

I picked for my own enjoyment,but I've used it in a live band.. just not in one right now(or maybe ever again)

I use mine primarily to write and record originals and I usually collaborate with old band mates... so that's kind of like a band...

I dunno

I only got into modeling because of the needs for certain live gigs, and that’s still why I use them. Carrying a load box, cab sim, and amp was not fun…. Back then there wasn’t a slick all in one/two option for that. 3 separate devices. And my amps back then were combos, so I had to lug the speakers too. Gross…

D
Before the Kemper, I was gigging with a Mesa Stiletto Ace, and a couple different effects units, and a 4X12 sometimes. By the time I loaded in, I was exhausted and my back was killing me. Then we'd play a four hour gig and I'd have to pack it all up again. Modelers are so much better just for that alone. That Mesa was around 80 lbs.

I've played live for all my life and right now I'm looking for a band to play with. I the last years I've used the helix with satisfaction.

I'll probably keep playing with the helix only but I'm open to other solutions (4cm or helix in front of a tube amp) depending on the kind of band I'll be able to put together or join.

Last edited:
Too old to tour now, but I have been playing with several bands almost exclusively with modelers and "FRFR" since 1996. I started with the Roland VG-8 and the Boss GX-700

Last edited:
Back