Ozone 10 Advanced !! Mastering ++

Holy Moly this thing is cool.
I let it do it`s "thing" on one of my songs...15 seconds..and it sounded better then 6 plugins a had on my master BUS :love
I got it for 299 today, I think it`s like 499 normal

AI is a thing !
Yeah is this the AI assistant thing? They’ve got it for both the mastering one and the mixing one. I thought it was horseshit, until my buddy (whom I greatly trust the opinion of) got it, and now swears by it.

Yeah is this the AI assistant thing? They’ve got it for both the mastering one and the mixing one. I thought it was horseshit, until my buddy (whom I greatly trust the opinion of) got it, and now swears by it.
Yeah AI assistant. The thing that bugs me now is that I was using Slate Digital FG-X to pump up my mixes.. and taht this killed..like I could not get the volum up here I wanted it. But this Ozone thing did a nice job
expensive..but I have faith in it.

Yeah AI assistant. The thing that bugs me now is that I was using Slate Digital FG-X to pump up my mixes.. and taht this killed..like I could not get the volum up here I wanted it. But this Ozone thing did a nice job
expensive..but I have faith in it.
Yeah I think that’s a great idea about Black Friday, because I’ve kinda wanted to get the mix and master Advanced versions with that for awhile. Of course, that means I’ll ACTUALLY have to record stuff, which is another thing altogether. :D

Okay so I logged in, and I’m seeing the Mix and Master Advanced bundle for $349, which includes Ozone Advanced, and Neutron 4, both of which have the AI thingy. That’s pretty reasonable to me. It’s also got a bunch of other stuff I don’t know what they do.

Ozone has been a great all in one solution for getting decent masters for over a decade now. I got in back when it was Ozone 2 and was amazed at the results. I do own 10 but haven’t had a chance to sit in front of it yet. I’ve honestly been getting better results with my UA stuff now that I understand more of what I need to do to achieve the results I want. But yea, for a slap on the 2 bus quick solution Ozone is quite impressive.

I’ve got Ozone 9 and have Ozone 8 on my laptop, but I tend to have a stick in my ass with these mastering programs. I think it’s just an issue with me wanting to understand exactly what’s happening in the mastering chain and I feel like I’m losing out on vital information by having an all-in-one plug-in do it, even though the final results should be the important part.

I’ll often put 9 on and find a preset that‘s in the ballpark of what I’m going for, then try to recreate it with individual plug-ins. Really, it’s a crapshoot because I’m in a half-treated room and ultimately just try to get the track louder without squashing the sh*t out of it.

If it drops down in price enough, I’ll probably pick it up.

I’ve got Ozone 9 and have Ozone 8 on my laptop, but I tend to have a stick in my ass with these mastering programs. I think it’s just an issue with me wanting to understand exactly what’s happening in the mastering chain and I feel like I’m losing out on vital information by having an all-in-one plug-in do it, even though the final results should be the important part.

I’ll often put 9 on and find a preset that‘s in the ballpark of what I’m going for, then try to recreate it with individual plug-ins. Really, it’s a crapshoot because I’m in a half-treated room and ultimately just try to get the track louder without squashing the sh*t out of it.

If it drops down in price enough, I’ll probably pick it up.
You are 100% correct and it’s why I really shy away from ozone. I’d rather make the chain myself.

Holy Moly this thing is cool.
I let it do it`s "thing" on one of my songs...15 seconds..and it sounded better then 6 plugins a had on my master BUS :love
I got it for 299 today, I think it`s like 499 normal

AI is a thing !
One thing we need to be careful of with the AI thing:

If we all play the same models/plugins, use the same drum samples, and use the same mixing techniques, eventually we become this huge mush of the same music.

SO basically what happened to the metal genre since 2010. I know Ozone 10 is amazing and I know you’re hearing it sound better with your mixes, I would just caution everyone using the same thing as we all begin to sound exactly the same.

If we all play the same models/plugins, use the same drum samples, and use the same mixing techniques, eventually we become this huge mush of the same music.

SO basically what happened to the metal genre since 2010. I know Ozone 10 is amazing and I know you’re hearing it sound better with your mixes, I would just everyone using the same thing as we all begin to sound exactly the same.

Look Thumps Up GIF by TRT

Hehe, I hear you. But I`m getting older and now I just want to make some music. And it did somthing to my mix that was better then what I had before.
I hope the bands that have the money to go in a sweet studio, do that..and get a good sound
But I` m a one man show at the moment

I first got just Ozone 10 Adv, but the next day i did think about getting the Mix and Master bundle.. and when I did ask Izotope..they gave me back my money, and the next day I got the bigger pack. That was cool of them !

I`m happy.
And the presets in Neutron 4 was cool also. That plug-in had alot of presets for Bass,Guitar,Drums.. that i thout i was `missing`with just Ozone 10

But i get what you were saying. I just like things that help my get there faster ( sometimes )

Recently got Ozone and it's made me wonder why I didn't do it 10 years ago. The quick master is so handy and the tape module sounds amazing on guitars for that little bit of extra sizzle in a mix.

I've been using their version 9 suite for the last couple years. Once you learn the basics, it's a verrrrry convenient set of tools for getting 95% of the way there with 5 minutes of effort.

If you've got a reasonably good starting mix, just loading Ozone to the master bus and letting it do its automated mastering thing usually has great results.

Neutron is also awesome for EQ & enhancing individual instrument tracks. Often I'll let that one do its automated thing too, and then dial its mix level back until it doesn't sound overdone, but is still giving the track a nice sparkle.

SO basically what happened to the metal genre since 2010. I know Ozone 10 is amazing and I know you’re hearing it sound better with your mixes, I would just caution everyone using the same thing as we all begin to sound exactly the same.
I have the previous versions of the Izotope stuff and I don't think they're good enough to make everything sound the same (nor is that the goal). Unless the goal is to sound like an amateur who doesn't understand EQ or compression, you still make a lot of "aesthetic" choices that are evident in the final recording regardless of these plugins.

Ozone started absolutely crashing my PC. Any thoughts as to why? Worked fine initially then fired it up again today and it just bogs down the track. Using reaper

Ozone started absolutely crashing my PC. Any thoughts as to why? Worked fine initially then fired it up again today and it just bogs down the track. Using reaper
Sorry to hear that, I have no clue as I use Cubase 10.5
Shoot Izotope a e-mail

Sorry to hear that, I have no clue as I use Cubase 10.5
Shoot Izotope a e-mail
I think it might be my PC...it did some automatic update and hasnt been the same since. I'll try and revert it to an older version. Super bummed

Back