Ozone 10 Advanced !! Mastering ++

One thing we need to be careful of with the AI thing:

If we all play the same models/plugins, use the same drum samples, and use the same mixing techniques, eventually we become this huge mush of the same music.

SO basically what happened to the metal genre since 2010. I know Ozone 10 is amazing and I know you’re hearing it sound better with your mixes, I would just caution everyone using the same thing as we all begin to sound exactly the same.

I see this in two different ways-

1- I completely agree and this is at the front of my mind consistently when I write/record my own music. I learned just enough to be able to get in the ballpark of how I want my music to sound and now I'm just figuring out how to fine tune it on my own.

2- As long as the human element is still there, there'll be SOME differences that make it stand apart.

It's mostly evident in production and songwriting, look what happened after The End Of Heartache came out; every band in that era was going for the Sneap sound and the KSE formula dominated the metal scene for a long time, it still is in some areas. I think from '03-'10 it was even worse than 2010-2020 because we started getting a bit more variation in the last decade. Josh Wilbur has done an awesome job of mixing Bob Rock's huge sound with Sneap's more to-the-point mixes and merged them; the newest Lamb Of God and the last two Trivium albums sound AWESOME. Sorry....just going on a production rant...

But an example in favor of people using the same thing; Austin Buddy's AxeFX presets can be put in the hands of any guitar player and they're going to sound different from guy to guy, even if they don't touch the settings, the same way you can have 100 guitarists play through the same amp and they'll all sound different. At least until they record something and then make it sound like everyone else. :rofl

Back