OMG..Don’t Cry ..Slash joined the Magnatone’s.

You didn't grow up in the 1970s did you. :hmm

:rofl

Nope, I'm an 80's/90's kid! Some 70's bands I adored like Zeppelin, others completely missed me like KISS. I tried to go back through their catalogue a few times but it never took. Tried the same thing again this summer, nope. I like the first album, the rest are a no go.

If I never hear a song off of KISS' first album again, I'll be insanely happy. Give me HTH, Love Gun, Creatures of the Night, Animalize, and Revenge.

Two things come to mind.
1. Slash follows the money.
2. Magnatone are not going to sell more amps, they are not part of rock history, it's not the 60's-90s' anymore, and Slash is old news.

who cares family guy GIF

I am going to have leave here in a minute before I end up reading some more senseless garbage and nonsense. :hmm

Either that or make sammiches for everyone because the blood, sugar, sex, magic is surely crashing in a lot of you. :LOL:
30 Rock Sandwich GIF by PeacockTV

If I never hear a song off of KISS' first album again, I'll be insanely happy. Give me HTH, Love Gun, Creatures of the Night, Animalize, and Revenge.

Really? Is it just the over-playedness?

Strutter, Cold Gin, Deuce... some of their best material, to me.

We've always had fun playing Cold Gin and talked about playing Deuce, too (drummer is a huge KISS fan and I've grown to appreciate them over the years).

I think the early years of KISS was a super cool era. The image, songs, and overall vibe was extremely creative and cool, in retrospect (and maybe having to ignore everything later on, just taken on its own).

If you don't understand the genius of KISS, well then, I don't know what to tell you :rofl

Nah, I get the annoyed-ness for them, and I haven't listened to them in decades, but yeah, as a kid, I definitely wanted to be them.

And live? Forget it. You'd be hard pressed to find a better show to watch. Definitely a benchmark for other acts to follow.

Two things come to mind.
1. Slash follows the money.
2. Magnatone are not going to sell more amps, they are not part of rock history, it's not the 60's-90s' anymore, and Slash is old news.

who cares family guy GIF

Honestly I think the news here is that Marshall is unable (or not interested, don't know what's worse) to fulfill Slash needs/desires/requests.

Magnatone is not really a Marshall competitor and I'm pretty sure is not with the money that they won Slash.

I see this change as a bad sign for Marshall.

KISS : Looks cool to a 5 year old
:unsure: :rollsafe

100%. I was in preschool and kindergarten in the late 70s and everyone was crazy about them. It was also well known on the playground that Kiss had super powers - one of them could shoot lasers out of his eyes, and another one breathed fire - I'm sure there were other super powers I've since forgotten about. I asked for (and amazingly received) a copy of "Dynasty" around age 5, an LP that would join my parents' extensive collection of Kingston Trio and Mantovani albums on the bookcase.

It would be another ~30 years before I learned of the existence of Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park, which finally explained the lasers and fire breathing.

Back