Ola rocks a JJ Jr.

10:40 sounds legit. I still don't think those EL84s would hold up live with a drummer,
especially with all the low-end present with drop-tuned and 7 string guitars. It'd run
out of headroom too fast. :idk

10:40 sounds legit. I still don't think those EL84s would hold up live with a drummer,
especially with all the low-end present with drop-tuned and 7 string guitars. It'd run
out of headroom too fast. :idk

I agree and I had to go through 4 different EL84 amps before I realized they just aint got the balls for it. Never again. For whatever reason 6v6's can thump just fine but EL84's are nutless wastes of glass IMHO of course.

If you get in a room with Bob also don't bring no EL84s. :LOL:

I am sure those amps sound great at 90dB or so. It is something I wish
these gear guys would have on the wall (like That Pedal Show does), as
there is no way to tell the actual volume in the room while they are
playing unless they have a dB meter measuring the sound pressure levels.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. The gain structure is just off on this one. Wooly, bassy, and not enough actual gain or cut to it.

Cause Dave and Jerry took all the Marshall out of it. :LOL:

Jerry has seemed to gravitate towards darker tones throughout his
career. The Bogners (modded 800, Fish, XTC, Shiva) he has been associated
with in the past can also be pretty wooly and dark amps, in my experience. :idk

SCREW YOU GUYS IT SOUNDS GRATE
giphy.webp

I thought for sure it was the mic choice or something but I had to turn it off!

I only watch Ola vids from work on my lunch break and usually it doesn't sound that great. I always assume it sounds good in the room or something lol.

hes one of the few that sounds like i do through the same few amps we both have so i trust his demos the most, i watch other guys play the same amps and they sound totally different and its kind of baffling to me lol. tone really is in the picking hand

Back