Ok I just bought a Mark V combo

My impatient ass would put in new tubes and a fuse if I had them on hand and just replenish the stash when they sent the replacements lol

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking.

I just emailed the store I got it from, asking what the best next step is, either replacing with my own tubes and they ship me some, or dropping the amp off at a local store here.

Thing is that last option can take months in my experience. There’s only one guy in the whole area that works on the amps.

Are these the right fuses? I just don’t want to try the fuses from my Electra Dyne(s) and then blow them and be totally screwed.

The big crappy thing is I recently moved and stupidly threw out the extra fuses I had… ugh. I was in clear-out mode and like, “well I haven’t needed these in seven or eight years”… argggh.

Are these the right fuses? I just don’t want to try the fuses from my Electra Dyne(s) and then blow them and be totally screwed.

The big crappy thing is I recently moved and stupidly threw out the extra fuses I had… ugh. I was in clear-out mode and like, “well I haven’t needed these in seven or eight years”… argggh.
Tossing them probably freed up a lot of space.

:hmm

OK, the rectifier tube I have isn’t actually the right one, but I do have a full set of Mesa 6L6s here.

I am very tempted to try the new tubes with the Dyne fuse…

Agggghh…

Euro 2016 No GIF by Sporza

It worked for about 10 seconds, then started making an increasingly loud hum, and then blew a fuse. :cry:

Did you reseat the tubes prior to powering it up? Shipping can often rattle them loose.
Something I have learned to do with amps shipped to me. Always tube check prior to
fire up.

You can also pull tubes and do the lightbulb test as a dumb way to check if they are
good. Mostly just for power tubes. They are like lightbulbs. If they rattle when you
shake them they are bad.

OK, the rectifier tube I have isn’t actually the right one, but I do have a full set of Mesa 6L6s here.

I am very tempted to try the new tubes with the Dyne fuse…

Take it off Tube Rectifier option, TS, and only use the Bold/Solid State Rectifier option. That will
eliminate the Rectifier Tubes as a potential source of the issues.

Fuck me. So, sorry, TS. :hugitout

Thanks, man! And thanks, everyone else. Huge bummer, but I'm aware there are worse things in life that can happen.

Did you reseat the tubes prior to powering it up? Shipping can often rattle them loose.
Something I have learned to do with amps shipped to me. Always tube check prior to
fire up.

You can also pull tubes and do the lightbulb test as a dumb way to check if they are
good. Mostly just for power tubes. They are like lightbulbs. If they rattle when you
shake them they are bad.

Alas, I did not. Was too excited to try the amp and also a little head-foggy from a bad cold.

I did just check that, and a couple weren't firmly seated...

Take it off Tube Rectifier option, TS, and only use the Bold/Solid State Rectifier option. That will
eliminate the Rectifier Tubes as a potential source of the issues.

YES! Great tip, thanks.

Rectumfryer Tubes are cheap, so if that is an issue that would be ideal. Also the
tube (especially power) not being seated properly and completing the circuit
can result in a blown fuse easily.

Good luck! :beer

It was set to tube rectification, interestingly. I've switched it to diode. Also, none of the power tubes are rattling and there's no visible issues, they look brand new.

Ok, I've got the Electra Dyne's fuse in it, tempted to just try with the power tubes re-seated firmly and tube rec off. But if it blows another fuse imma sit down and cry. (My other Dyne is at the rehearsal space and I've had bad luck trying to find these fuses locally, in the past?)

It was set to tube rectification, interestingly. I've switched it to diode. Also, none of the power tubes are rattling and there's no visible issues, they look brand new.

Ok, I've got the Electra Dyne's fuse in it, tempted to just try with the power tubes re-seated firmly and tube rec off. But if it blows another fuse imma sit down and cry. (My other Dyne is at the rehearsal space and I've had bad luck trying to find these fuses locally, in the past?)

Those 4A fuses should be correct for the Mark... I'd be with you in just trying that if the power tubes weren't seated all the way in

This is why I miss radio shack.. I usually have to get fuses off of amazon now

Back