NU METAL

weird that in the original run of Nu Metal, we couldn’t really pull it off as good as the Americans. Were too introverted, cynical and afraid of drawing attention to ourselves which is like, anti-Fred Durst. […]
You say that as if it's a bad thing. That's strange.

My ultimate goal in life is to create something that's like kinda nu-metal (well really more alt-metal) crossed with prog, […]
Also I miss cargo khakis.
I don't know whether the laws of physics allow this at all. I mean, you can't combine magnetic south and north poles either, can you? The khakis, however...

You say that as if it's a bad thing. That's strange.
morrissey GIF

Yeah, Deftones initially were considered a hardcore band in my circles, and they toured with bands like Bad Brains, Orange 9mm etc.

It wasn’t until their second album, Around The Fur, when they drifted into more metal crowds.

Its awesome to see how their style and music progressed over time, and how they ended up gaining so much respect from such a wide group of people and fanbases.
I love Bad Brains. I Against I and Quickness are most excellent. I actually put them in the Hardcore genre and it looks like I might have that one right.

Love both those bands ...the Quickness is an underrated album....Orange 9mm was badass too ...before that one album ...
Also. I just remembered quicksand....man they were great ....

Dude that first Orange 9mm album (Driver Not Included) was awesome. Caught them at the Warped Tour with the OG lineup and they destroyed.

They never got big enough pre internet for anyone to figure wtf happened to them from there. The follow-up album was ok, (at least the first couple tracks) and I caught them with the Deftones a couple years later, and the original guitarist and bassist were gone, which kind of explained why the follow up was uneven. (You could tell the first two tracks on that album, the old members wrote) I always wondered what caused the split, because I just assumed those dudes were going to go on and have a badass career. From there they just ate shit.

What might have been… :ROFLMAO:

Dude that first Orange 9mm album (Driver Not Included) was awesome. Caught them at the Warped Tour with the OG lineup and they destroyed.

They never got big enough pre internet for anyone to figure wtf happened to them from there. The follow-up album was ok, (at least the first couple tracks) and I caught them with the Deftones a couple years later, and the original guitarist and bassist were gone, which kind of explained why the follow up was uneven. (You could tell the first two tracks on that album, the old members wrote) I always wondered what caused the split, because I just assumed those dudes were going to go on and have a badass career. From there they just ate shit.

What might have been… :ROFLMAO:
Yes, driver not included was badass. Sadly I didn't get to see them then ...saw them on " the pretend I'm human" disaster.
It was a festival at an amphitheater... listen to this lineup...

Finger eleven
Orange 9mm
Stabbing Westward
Big Wreck
Powerman 5000
Sevendust
Staind
Kid Rock

One after another on the main stage

Now, I hate kid rock ...but this was the joe c era. It was a great show ...for what it was.

You are brave. He is from my state originally, so I am ok with him ...not like I hang with him.
Without really, um; expounding much more into areas we shouldn't expound in....

I can like things from artists who's views I agree or disagree with. It's really only when it becomes WAY TOO on the nose where I go "hey; maybe you could...I don't know; dial it back just a bit?"

Without really, um; expounding much more into areas we shouldn't expound in....

I can like things from artists who's views I agree or disagree with. It's really only when it becomes WAY TOO on the nose where I go "hey; maybe you could...I don't know; dial it back just a bit?"
Indeed.

Also. I like a lot of stuff from those whom I don't agree with ...

Bill Cosby.....

But I'm not that kind of guy ...I keep my stuff to myself ...and also never edge towards those discussions...just for clarity...this is just about his music....or lack thereof.

😁

I'm obviously neither a fan nor an expert of the genre, but I never thought of Kid Rock as a Nu Metal act. Terrible in many ways, yes, but Nu Metal? I don't know.

I'm obviously neither a fan nor an expert of the genre, but I never thought of Kid Rock as a nu metal act. Terrible in many ways, yes, but nu metal? I don't know.
Rap "metal" really more than anything else. That's kind of a sidebar where do you consider rap metal to be nu?

Rap "metal" really more than anything else. That's kind of a sidebar where do you consider rap metal to be nu?
Hm, I think Rap Metal (or „Crossover“) came a couple of years earlier than Nu Metal. Bands like RATM, Body Count, Clawfinger, Biohazard, Dog Eat Dog, that were very popular in the mid 90s. And I think that was actually a very different genre and not that closely related to Nu Metal.

Back