NPD: Deadweald Duality Standard

Achilles

Rock Star
Thanks to @KyleBull for the recommendation and great demo.

1709258673762.png

Been watching for one of these at a decent price and this Standard version came up over in the UK.
Doesn't have the individual noise gates per channel like the Deluxe version but I've never had a need for one of those since my SPLs are so low.

Last edited:
The duality is a great pedal!

That's the general consensus pretty much everywhere you search. Been watching for at least 6 months for something to come up in the semi-sane range. This was a bit more than I'd set for a limit but what the hell, none of us are getting any younger. :banana

This pedal is great! The tubescreamer side is simply a really good representation of the best of the TS9/808 tones. And then the TC pre-amp side is a perfect compliment. Very unique voice that's so unlike the tubescreamer in timbre and yet they work side by side really well.

@KyleBull Thanks again for turning me on to the Duality! I'm familiar with your 5 fave OD video and was wondering which of the other 4 would be the least redundant to the Deadweald?

Based on the vid I'm thinking the Mud Killer. What do you think?

Thanks.

And then the TC pre-amp side is a perfect compliment.
Does your version have the red channel? Or is it only the green and blue?

I can't remember if that was deluxe only.

Edit: looks like the standard has it I just can't recall how to get to it? Maybe both buttons together or double tapping one to get in into "fusion" mode?

Edit: looks like the standard has it I just can't recall how to get to it? Maybe both buttons together or double tapping one to get in into "fusion" mode?

The pedal has 3 modes you can cycle thru by holding both buttons down.
1. Standard
2. Red Channel
3. Momentary switching between blue and green

Nice. I have the DX, though I have no idea what separates the DX from the standard. I really like it. It plays well with all my amps. My OD pedal collection could have pretty much stopped with the Duality, but I’m a glutton.

This pedal is great! The tubescreamer side is simply a really good representation of the best of the TS9/808 tones. And then the TC pre-amp side is a perfect compliment. Very unique voice that's so unlike the tubescreamer in timbre and yet they work side by side really well.

@KyleBull Thanks again for turning me on to the Duality! I'm familiar with your 5 fave OD video and was wondering which of the other 4 would be the least redundant to the Deadweald?

Based on the vid I'm thinking the Mud Killer. What do you think?

Thanks.
Either the Mudkiller or the Walrus Ages. Walrus if you're trying to boost the shit out of an amp with lots of signal, Mud Killer if you want to be able to fine tune the low end going into the amp to tighten up a loose goose

Mud Killer if you want to be able to fine tune the low end going into the amp to tighten up a loose goose

Mud Killer it is then! Thanks Kyle!

FYI, at 17:09 is one of the reasons I bought my Skill! :giggle:
It's not often a piece of gear makes you stammer. :rofl

Last edited:
I reached out to Deadweld Audio regarding future availability of their pedals. Here is the response I received.

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately all building has come to a stop due to current health issues. We're no longer maintaining a wait list for our products and are planning on offering stocked pedals via our webshop once they are available. We'll post on social media and our website to let everyone know when that's the case. Feel free to reach out any time!

Kind regards,
Caitlin

Great pedal. Honestly I prefer the standard. I had both. Still have the standard.

I don’t care for the red mode and the gate wasn’t necessary for my needs.

I thought I read that they stopped production on these. Hold on to them even if you aren't using it.

Back