NAD: RedSeven Duality 50

Edit-it’s actually 50 watter, I thought it was a lower powered type of amp.
That’s f’n bad ass littl’ amp🤘🏻

Last edited:
“A single channel distillate of late 80’s hard rock/metal DNA”

-sign me up💯!
Honestly, I think I’ll exercise pullin’ back the patience and be on the hunt for Red October for a
killer customized used Mezza Skill.
That’s where my step in the bargain thought stew lead me to with this one.
🤏 call fellas.
LTFHOL!

“A single channel distillate of late 80’s hard rock/metal DNA”

-sign me up💯!

Here, you'll need this.

1709993794580.png

:giggle:

They just lowered the price.....

View attachment 19758
WORD.
I’m waiting for that guy on TGP that has two customized Skills & matching 1X12’s in
leopard skin tolex.
The Skills have added features, 2nd footswitchable again & Master &.Boosts, and more.
Or if not a gain control on the 2nd Master, -something rad along those lines.
He got cold feet and pulled his sale.
So if he’s reading this,
-let’s go man 👏, -box’em up

Last edited:
This amp & the Mezza Skill are neck to neck
in a real thick bargain thought juggernaut…
The Dirt amp looks dope AF.
The Duality would likely be my baseline bullseye
amp in the RedSeven line-up.
How’s the cleans?
Fendery, Voxy or Plexi like?
Edge of break-up type stuff?-Free Alright Now is the benchmark riff for the test.
(I do realize the crunch has climaxed and not
really EOB in that tune).
How’s the feel?
What speakers does it own?
That’s the most questions I’ve ever publicly asked someone on the internet.btw…
-a damn question Karen😉.LOL.
Looks like a really fun amp👌

:giggle: Idle hands.....

View attachment 19407

So, in all seriousness, I saw my primary care doc for the first time since all of the shit hit the fan and she told me
my cat officially had only 8 lives left. At some point I was listed as having an NDE (near death experience) - I'm
thinking it's gotta be the morning where at least 6 white coats came busting into my room at 4:00am with the
paddles a blazing and didn't wait to put me out first. Anyway, puts blowing a small chunk of personal savings
on a toy I'll get tons of use outta in a bit of perspective.

:giggle:
Duuude.. ya killin’ me with this tower of torment.
(No pun).
Dope AF👏

That’s a great price for the 50
The are very Bogner inspired IMO the Leviathan being the Uber and the Duality being more in the XTC vein
It has one of the best clean channels I have heard and OD seems to be a cross between the XTC blue / red channels w 2 modes
Wintage and modern
Perhaps a little less gain than a 101b with boost engaged but still enough

Really rad how you’ve got the lead boosts for all 3 modes/channels, -me likey’👌
The way it cleaned up on the “Wintage” channel
in Steve here’s demonstration, is right up my alley.
Crazy how you can program & switch between
all the modes/settings!
You’re stoked man!!

I was looking for a skill30 when I stumbled on a great deal for a duality50 head (1250€) and went for it. Has anyone compared the two? Personally would like to test 'em out and a/b the tones. Certainly loving the duality thou

@Achilles I would say the RS models Channel 3 are likely closer to the RED XTC, this I think has 6l6 , IMO the lows are to sharp and tight where as the Bogners has more open bloom bigger lows but the gain structure is pretty similar . thoughts ?

thoughts ?

My D50 doesn't remind me of Bogner for some reason. It has been a few years since I owned one though.
It's got a ton of gain but it got this refined nature to it. It's my best amp for rolling off the guitar volume to get clean of edge of breakup while still being able to rip a face off on 10.

@Achilles I would say the RS models Channel 3 are likely closer to the RED XTC, this I think has 6l6 , IMO the lows are to sharp and tight where as the Bogners has more open bloom bigger lows but the gain structure is pretty similar . thoughts ?

That’s some killer riffing!!
Whoever thst is, let’s jam!

Back