NGD: Mayones Regius Core

Warmart

Shredder
Damnit Fedex, had to wait until almost 5pm to get it here, didn't you! Probably for the best, had to work :grin

I've wanted a Mayones for years, with a preference for a Regius - but it seemed like every time I had the coinage, there wasn't one I wanted or something else had caught my eye. This time I found one while having 3 guitars for sale, with one looking to sell tomorrow (hopefully). That gives me room for the mighty Mayones! :rawk

This is my 2nd eastern European guitar (other is the Czech Aviator 7-string) and I have to say, their craftsmanship is a few steps above anything else I've ever seen. This one is impeccable to the core. Frets are the best I've ever held, neck through to body is the same level of perfection. Total :chef from the bottom strap button to the top of the headstock. Beyond impressed, to say the least! Digging the black/pearloidish binding, too!

Obvious right away that this is one of those guitars that really changes with the light, and it's cloudy here today so it's on the dark side! Other thing is I'm a bit surprised that the BKP Nailbomb is a bit darker than expected in the bridge, BKP VHII sounds more like I expected in the neck. Not much play time yet, needs to acclimate and then I'll see what needs done with relief and action (both are excessive for me atm).

On to what you all want, the pictures!
Regius Front.jpg
Regius Front Right.jpg
Regius Front Left.jpg
Regius Back.jpg
Regius Back Right.jpg
Regius Back Left.jpg
Regius Headstock Front.jpg

I know!!
Holy hell, Dave! Love that multi-piece neck and neck thru design. :chef

I expect a ranking and placement----as to wear it fits in your lineup soonish. :beer
Indeed, build quality is already #1, or at least right adjacent to the Aviator!
Congratulations! It's a beaut! Reminds me of a refined Ibanez S, in a great way.

Do you mean the action came from them too high or low for your tastes?
Action too high and way too much relief.

Just started dialing the truss rod in (super smooth almost eerie how easy it turns) and noticed the strings kept their kink when I loosened them and popped the middle two out of the nut. Strings are shot, probably explains the "dark" bridge pu tone! Whew. Was worried. Came from a store on the coast of NC, so probably has a lot to do with it. They had it in a glass case but that only does so much!

Wow that is a beauty, man I'm stoked for you my friend
I'm sure you you will put it to good use and love it long time

:chef
Thank you Mr. Mike! I will do my best! :rawk

Haha, thank you very much! :grin it's ungodly, I'm blown away!

Wanted one of those for years, mad jelly

Congrats!!
Me too! Thank you very much! :banana There's one out there waiting for you!

Hell Yeah Yes GIF

That’s awesome dude. :chef
Thank you very much! Hells tos thes yeahs!! :pickle

I could never afford that....but this could scratch the itch...maybe.
Never say never! When there's a will, there's a way. Hmm, pun not intended (a couple of you will get that) :rimshot.

Congrats @Warmart !
That's a beauty! :pickle
Thank you very much Mr. Fuzzy! :banana

I hope the fretwork proves to be as good when you lower the action. Fingers crossed!
Have the most minimal relief now with the 5th and 6th less than 3/64", going down progressively to 2/64" on the high-E. No buzz :pickleWill take some more playing to figure out if I went too low.

Best news is that new strings brought me a lot of brightness! The Nailbomb is no longer bombing, more like an air raid siren! Great clarity, almost shocking clarity - and the split sounds cool, too! Forgot to try the neck pickup, which is par for the course. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Very nice. Congrats!
Thank you both very much! :banana:rawk:pickle

Bill Hader Omg GIF by Saturday Night Live

I love these!

Reminds me of an Ibby S and a PRS had a baby and they cherry picked all the cool genes from each.

How's the neck? :rubshands
Thank you very much! Yeah, just like @State of Epicicity mentioned! Definitely has some Ibanez S DNA present! I'm not sure if Mayones, being a little older company that PRS, started the sculpting between the horns and neck or if they borrowed it from PRS :unsure:

Happy NGD! That looks super comfortable with the satin finish and all of the contouring.
Thank you very much! It's mega comfy to play, no stickiness - I hope it doesn't get bright spots but guess it will eventually. May have to break out the expensive car polish and put a coat on it.

Hell yeah!!!

Kinda reminds me of a really well done Ibanez SZ!

These are one of the few ‘boutique’ brands I’ve really wanted to try but I’ve never seen one in the wild.

Back