NGD: Mayones Regius Core

Hmmm....

Let's see. We now have 1 guitar that eclipses all the rest.
Don't even care to play the others; The Mayones is that good.

Man! IDK WTF you're talking about!:rofl

Honestly, (and I think you said you are trying), I'd just get rid of them, and buy more Mayones'.
Not that I know anything about keeping guitars I never play. (Or even hang 'em on a wall to give my eyes some pleasure.) :sofa

Oh, and my PRS has a 'cocked wah' PU position (I have no idea which combination of PU's/coil taps/phase it is though, because it uses that stupid 5-way rotary switch in combination with the "sweet switch), and I've loved that sound. (Back when I used to actually play the damn thing!)
I'm relatively positive it's a honeymoon phase effect going on. Nothing to see here, well I can show you what my incoming BKP's look like (for the RG).

And I'm sure the Mayones plays a part in it - but fairly sure the BKP's are more, but we shall see. Either way, losing 3 Fishman sets is a win, no doubt these will be a huge improvement.

Screenshot 2024-08-03 105451.jpg

Most of you probably won't like the look, but I'm not big on traditional guitar stuff, I appreciate the push to change things. Plus I like crop circles, lmao.

Will be nice to fix 3 guitars that don't get the play time they should.

I'm also in the camp that Pickups will make a bigger difference than the Wood
while my Poverty Tonerider AlniCo IV made a noticeable difference compared to the OG Yamaha Pickups and the the Tonerider Birmingham's AlniCo V

Tim Mills, the owner of Bare Knuckle sent me a very in depth email. He agreed 100% with my choices. Unreal and outstanding customer support. Especially after the joke of correspondence I had with a pickup company that starts with E.

Just ordered a pair of Silos for the RG. Crop circle covers, tehehe. I love the quirky covers lol.

X Files Art GIF by Lily Padula

Pickups do make a big difference but they can’t save an unresponsive guitar.
Tonerider are the best budget pickups available IME .

I stumbled on that Tonerider Alnico IV PAF years ago when Tonerider
first came out on the market and have touted it ever since.

They also make some duds. Yeah, you Rocksong! :LOL:

I am open to foster any....and I mean any of your guitars. Just let me know. I won't even charge you a boarding fee ...free of charge. Gratis.
This is not mine. As a tech I get to see and play pretty much everything out there. My customers range from people you will own music by through serious collectors and auction houses to beginners. So I usually get to see it all sooner or later.

This is not mine. As a tech I get to see and play pretty much everything out there. My customers range from people you will own music by through serious collectors and auction houses to beginners. So I usually get to see it all sooner or later.
👍, still though...I got you!

Well I do enjoy the eye candy, keep posting em.

Back