NFL 2022

As excellent as he played, you just knew that Hurts fumble for a TD was going to end up burning them, and it ultimately did.

The holding penalty is just laughably bad. There is a gravitational pull for refs to inject themselves into the game. Anyone talking about “well, by the letter of the rule…” go punch yourself in the nutz. That call was TERRIBLE. You can’t throw that flag.

I still think the Smith call in the first half was ridiculous, just in a different way. The holding call is a ref losing situational awareness. It’s not the time to make a coin flip (at best) call. The Smith incompletion call is just the rule book gone crazy. He caught the ball, had control when he hit the ground, and has control when his momentum stops. But you get some pencil neck in New York trying to tell you that he didn’t catch it because in the process of slamming into the earth with a 250lb dude on your back, the ball shifted in grip. That’s a catch.

Just like it was a catch on the Eagles dude that fumbled that KC returned for a TD that was called back. That’s a boner rule too. How can “complete the catch” include making “a football move” if you can’t make a “football move” until you CATCH THE BALL? He caught the fucking ball, took two steps and got drilled. Oh, the 2023 rule is you have to take THREE steps. Say Wut?

I’m not an old dude, and I played football my entire young life, but they’ve somehow found a way to fuck up what we all historically know as football. I get protecting QB’s from tackles beneath the knees, and even helmet to helmet hits on defenseless players, but the general coddling of QB’s and the complete mangling of anyone’s understanding of a catch, fumble or possession is just moronic.

The officiating has been ruining sports for me for quite sometime, this game was no different. Thankfully I don’t have a “favorite” team so it doesn’t bother me at all. The Eagles had their boots on the Chiefs necks and didn’t close the deal. It shouldn’t have come down to a bad call by a ref…
suck my dick GIF

Great reminder of why I very rarely watch any sports these days. Totally agree with Whizzinby about the catch/no-catch bullshit. The game is lost imho.

That said, you have to stand in awe at the Mahomes/Reid combo. They’ve basically created a cheat code offensive scheme that is at times almost impossible to stop. Just killing defenses with motion, crosses, slants. It’s just play after play of mis direction. Truly impressive, especially considering this is without Tyreek Hill. It’s 100% scheme + Mahomes.

Eagles we’re damn near impossible to stop too. Hurts ability to run, operate the RPO, mixed with a couple elite deep threats makes them sorta near impossible to stop. Especially when you consider that they can QB sneak for a yard and half every…single…time. I’ve never seen that in my life. Brady was good on a sneak, but for half a yard. The eagles can convert anything under two yards. That radically changes the way you can approach a possession.

Would have loved to see how that game plays out minus the hold call, but take nothing away from the Chiefs, that was about as perfect of a half of offense as you’ll ever see.

That said, you have to stand in awe at the Mahomes/Reid combo. They’ve basically created a cheat code offensive scheme that is at times almost impossible to stop. Just killing defenses with motion, crosses, slants. It’s just play after play of mis direction. Truly impressive, especially considering this is without Tyreek Hill. It’s 100% scheme + Mahomes.

Eagles we’re damn near impossible to stop too. Hurts ability to run, operate the RPO, mixed with a couple elite deep threats makes them sorta near impossible to stop. Especially when you consider that they can QB sneak for a yard and half every…single…time. I’ve never seen that in my life. Brady was good on a sneak, but for half a yard. The eagles can convert anything under two yards. That radically changes the way you can approach a possession.

Would have loved to see how that game plays out minus the hold call, but take nothing away from the Chiefs, that was about as perfect of a half of offense as you’ll ever see.
That last play calling aside, the Chiefs played a fantastic 2nd half.

Back