New Mastodon amps from Victory

Ok not yet…

Banger of a song; killer riffs, catchy as hell chorus, lyrics not about whales….

The main riff in this song (after the keys intro) is like Riff Of The Decade for me…and another catchy chorus followed by a prog interlude going somewhere entirely different by the end of the song.

I could do this all day, I think the biggest thing that got me stuck on them so hard is that each time they release an album it lines up with whatever I have going on in my life. Crack The Skye came out as I was in the process of unf*cking myself during my drinking years and a lot of that album resonated with me, The Hunter not so much, but Once More Round The Sun, Emperor Of Sand and Hushed And Grimm were hitting the nail on the head.

Emperor came out the same week we lost our dog and Hushed And Grimm came out during my divorce, the former having a ton of lyrical content about losing loved ones early and Hushed And Grimm came after Brann’s own divorce, some of that sh*t was so close to home I couldn’t even listen to it for a few weeks.

Ok I could swear i heard Mastodon before and didn't like them, but now I'm thinking I must have been on crack that day. These songs are pretty cool, and I just listened to a bit of Hushed and Grim and really liked it.

Cool! New (to me) stuff to listen to! :D

Mastodon is weird because almost everything I’ve heard by them I like, but Ive never once really dug into their catalog.

I’ve had Sickle and Peace and Forged By Neron on a playlist repeat for for some time.

I watched the interview finally, has there been an announcement of a new Mastadon amp? Looks to me like he is using using the new versions of the Sheriff amps.

I watched the interview finally, has there been an announcement of a new Mastadon amp? Looks to me like he is using using the new versions of the Sheriff amps.

Yeah, they’re just tweaked Sheriffs but since that interview didn’t really talk about them at all, I have no f*ckin’ clue how they’re different or what the Mastodon association is. :rofl

Yeah, they’re just tweaked Sheriffs but since that interview didn’t really talk about them at all, I have no f*ckin’ clue how they’re different or what the Mastodon association is. :rofl
I watched most of it last night as well. It seems like he is using the Sherriff like you said. The GW article is talking about Brent Hinds so maybe they are doing a full band endorsement :unsure:

That form factor is :chef :chef :chef
Wymm7b8XgJMfS2PZBkGzhn.jpg

Yeah those are just the new versions of the Sheriff he was using. Def not a sig amp those have been out quite a while. (I’ve been close to buying the tube preamp pedal of the Sheriff on a couple occasions) My guess is Andertons is just doing product placement here since those just got dropped.

Yeah Victory really nails form factor. Their lunchbox series is pretty awesome in that regard. (Being big boy amps despite the size)
Amen. I actually don't understand why more brands don't aim for that.

The Victory VC35 I had was pretty awesome. No bother at all to move around because it's a small lunchbox with a nice carry case that came with it. I think it would be perfect if Victory threw in Two Notes' IR loader into it.

The Victory Sheriff 25 actually sounded pretty good in Anderton's "small Marshalls" comparison, at least for me it was my favorite with the Soldano 2x12 V30 cab they used.

Amen. I actually don't understand why more brands don't aim for that.

The Victory VC35 I had was pretty awesome. No bother at all to move around because it's a small lunchbox with a nice carry case that came with it. I think it would be perfect if Victory threw in Two Notes' IR loader into it.

The Victory Sheriff 25 actually sounded pretty good in Anderton's "small Marshalls" comparison, at least for me it was my favorite with the Soldano 2x12 V30 cab they used.

I thought the Little Sister generally was :chef And I generally lean more high gain.

When Pete starting doing some more riffy stuff I think it flattered the Sheriff a lot more. Has a touch more modern vibe imo

It’s funny that Friedman and Victory have sorta out Marshalled Marshall. They nail the spirit of those Marshall tones but in a more refined and idealized way. Super versatile in comparison to the OG Marshalls.

Back