New Marshall Day

The Holy Quartet reunited

View attachment 20898

808 is probably not going on the board with the JVM. It’s not a bad pairing necessarily but a little too mushy-middy comparatively.

SD1 is “that sound” grin and all the second you kick it in. Probably will keep that on board for a while to have an insta-thrash option.

The Tumnus Deluxe is just a beast pedal. It knew it would pair well with the JVM. I’m going to need to dial it in, but really pick where it lives moreso. It’s so good for pushed cleans, edge of breakup, and mid gain crunch. :chef It’s really good on the OD1 Orange channel too because it retains the chunk, but enter the OCD…

mike tyson fight GIF

Insta-kill with OD1. :satan

I missed having the OCD out.

Still undefeated and undisputed. :ROFLMAO:

Time to give the ears a much needed break.

:rawk:rawk:rawk

Interesting. I've never tried an OCD with my JVM. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Im nosing around looking at that Keeley OCD+BB mashup. Will probably wait for a killer deal, but one needs all OCD variants.
Oh yeah that thing has been on the radar \m/ Have you tried a RAT variant? Those kill with Marshalls as well.

I actually thought I had a Rat, and was surprised I didn’t when I broke back out my pedal tote.

I need to add that to my list.

Pedals… we back baby!

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF
Not that you need to have a reason (I mean I'm doing the same) but what inspired this route of analog gear 😀

Not that you need to have a reason (I mean I'm doing the same) but what inspired this route of analog gear 😀

Amp + Cab = Best :cool:

Generally I’ve always had an analog rig, but I’ve kind of been indifferent to gear the last 5-6 months and focused on purging streamlining my setup. I’m rounding back to the analog side now to give it some love. Kinda digging the setup I have now. (Less convoluted and looks less like a degenerate stash-house :ROFLMAO: )

Have you ever had a DSL Whizz? I wonder how similar they are tonally?

I have. That was actually the first amp I bought when I got back in the game 5-6 years ago. The 40w combo. It’s a badass amp. I can barely remember a tone from 5 minutes ago much less 5 years ago, but I think they can cover some similar ground. (Like most Marshall’s can) I don’t recall overly digging the in-between tones as much on the DSL as the JVM but I def liked the clean and gained up tones on the DSL.

What I’m realizing with the JVM is that it’s just ALL DA TOANZ. Like each channel and mode slowly increments things up in terms of gain saturation and character. So it’s not just clean to crunch to death, but there are subtle increments in between each that are all interesting in their own right. I knew the gained up stuff would be awesome, but I’m most surprised by the Clean channel (which can be not so clean) and Crunch channel (which can be clean or nasty :unsure:). So many variations in here, especially when playing around with different ODs with each of the modes.

Here comes the JVM Toxic people…
That’s the term btw, “toxic”.
Toxic..the truth is certainly toxic when everyone is a yes man.
I’ll f’n live in a 410H.
My words for them are :
More Stooges💯
-less post editing pal.

This is one of my most Timbukness' pieces of gear to date :hmmI am going to need to grab one at some point. Dammit! :brick:rofl

I still kick myself for not grabbing one for $1500 CAD, which is about $1100 USD, a few months ago. L&M had it in their used section here, crazy low price for these parts.

But what kept me away is size/weight + Electra Dyne bliss. The small Mesa head beats the Marshall in terms of ease of moving around. Plus it matches all my cabs. :grin

But the JVM definitely looks like a fun beast! :pickle:rawk

Back