New Marshall Day

Whizzinby

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
IMG_4765.jpeg

LFG

:satan

I knew what I was getting with this mofo, but quick thoughts:

One, nothing beats a freaking 100w amp. It’s been a few months since I played an amp. Turned it on and yep, that’s the shit. Chugs to chest. :chef

OD1 Orange is exactly as badass as on the Axe. I raced to it at first turn on and it’s just great. With or without an overdrive it slaps.

Dirty cleans from Crunch Orange are tasty. Pumped it with the 808 and Dispatch Master and

Julie Andrews Spinning GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

Master volume good so far. At least down to “Dad we can hear you upstairs levels”. :ROFLMAO: I’m cranking the channel volume and using the master as the overall volume control and it sounds good. Will experiment with volume control later once I batter my ears at volume for a bit.

The Ibby has been waiting for this. Sounds good with the LP, but plugged in with the Ibby :satan

I’ve owned a lot of big bottle amps, but oddly enough this my first big boy Marshall. I’m stoked :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Crunch orange with pedals is where I spend most of my time at home and gigging.

Yeah that seems like a really good mode. Really like the saturation on it, not too overcooked but just enough grime.

I’m pulling back a lot on the presence on mine and riding the treble to taste on each channel. Where are you running yours?

Going to try the Johan Segeborn settings for using the OD2 red for Plexi tones in a bit. Fun amp. Lots of tones.

Congrats bro!

I’ve been keeping the Resonance and Presence all the way down and rolling them in very gradually. I usually leave the Presence all the way down. And I’m running everything else at about 11:00 except treble at 1:00 or so. Gain at about 10:00 or lower seems to be the key for me and Volumes at 9:00-10:00 using the Masters for volume.

All I can tell you is take each channel and mode one at a time slowly and be patient. This amp is so musical, fantastic Marshall growl.

The 2nd master is killer for balancing the modes in each channel.

OD1 Green with the gain at 10:00 is crunchy as fuck and you can get a great Marshall crunch that you can hit with a boost like that to rip it! Then pop to OD1 Orange with the same settings and it’s golden.

Enjoy!

Yeah that seems like a really good mode. Really like the saturation on it, not too overcooked but just enough grime.

I’m pulling back a lot on the presence on mine and riding the treble to taste on each channel. Where are you running yours?

Going to try the Johan Segeborn settings for using the OD2 red for Plexi tones in a bit. Fun amp. Lots of tones.

I tend to run my presence anywhere between 9 and 1 o'clock depending on which guitar I'm using and what I'm doing at the time. Resonance can be anywhere from all the way off up to 10 o'clock.

Back