New Marshall Day

Offers have been submitted :sofa :satan
1000037061.gif

The Holy Quartet reunited

View attachment 20898

808 is probably not going on the board with the JVM. It’s not a bad pairing necessarily but a little too mushy-middy comparatively.

SD1 is “that sound” grin and all the second you kick it in. Probably will keep that on board for a while to have an insta-thrash option.

The Tumnus Deluxe is just a beast pedal. It knew it would pair well with the JVM. I’m going to need to dial it in, but really pick where it lives moreso. It’s so good for pushed cleans, edge of breakup, and mid gain crunch. :chef It’s really good on the OD1 Orange channel too because it retains the chunk, but enter the OCD…

mike tyson fight GIF

Insta-kill with OD1. :satan

I missed having the OCD out.

Still undefeated and undisputed. :ROFLMAO:

Time to give the ears a much needed break.

:rawk:rawk:rawk

I dug out my OCD today and have spent a pretty frustrating evening playing around with it tbh.

On one hand It sounds awesome with the jvm on all channels but then I chuck it on my board and hit the buffer problem. This bloody pedal really doesn't like a buffer before or after it. It's just like the fuzz face but at least with the fuzz face I can run a buffer after it. The ocd just doesn't do it for me unless it's on a board with no buffers and I like my Klone too much to take it off.

I dug out my OCD today and have spent a pretty frustrating evening playing around with it tbh.

On one hand It sounds awesome with the jvm on all channels but then I chuck it on my board and hit the buffer problem. This bloody pedal really doesn't like a buffer before or after it. It's just like the fuzz face but at least with the fuzz face I can run a buffer after it. The ocd just doesn't do it for me unless it's on a board with no buffers and I like my Klone too much to take it off.

Interesting you say that, I was playing around with the Tumnus buffer and landed on keeping it off, which I had wired in front of my OCD. You could very well be on to something. :unsure:

Interesting you say that, I was playing around with the Tumnus buffer and landed on keeping it off, which I had wired in front of my OCD. You could very well be on to something. :unsure:

I didn't know you could turn the tumnus buffer off. I can almost handle a buffer after the ocd but definitely not before it. It ends up really trebly and thin IMO with a buffer before it.

I've been really enjoying the ocd with the jvm tonight though. Not sure what to do atm.

I didn't know you could turn the tumnus buffer off. I can almost handle a buffer after the ocd but definitely not before it. It ends up really trebly and thin IMO with a buffer before it.

I've been really enjoying the ocd with the jvm tonight though. Not sure what to do atm.

Yeah there is buffer switch on the side to engage it or bypass it. I’ve landed on keeping it off.

JVMs are sick. At one point I was very anti-JVM, but as I've aged up I'm much less afraid of high end in my sound 😂

I traded a Mark III for a Voodoo modded 410H about a year ago - bittersweet, I loved that Mark III, but the JVM has become my go-to amp.

Yeah there is buffer switch on the side to engage it or bypass it. I’ve landed on keeping it off.

I've just ordered a refractor pcb from Aion FX, it's got the buffer switch from the KTR.

I'll do a shoot out after I build it against my favourite Klone to see which one I prefer. This should let me have the OCD back on my board.

:headbang

What’s drive(s) are you hitting it with?
Dude, the Corgan EH Fuzz, with the mid-toggle ruled with the clean Green.
The Kraken Distortion pedal with clean Green
was otherworldly rippin’.-super killer man.
Like. “This is Beast Mode ULTRA”.
OCD with channel 2 was dope af with a Strat.
Teese RMC Wizard Wah FTW.
THE LPD 74 was also really good with channel 2.
I also like channels 3 & 4 clean Green with the Kraken a lot & with the LPD 87 Deluxe,
was like hog’s heaven on remote.
Truely having my cake & eating it too much
with that combination man.

I may or may not have bought the OP Amp Big Muff Pi an hour ago. :ROFLMAO: :bag

That's my fave of the Reissue Muffs in smaller enclosures EH has done. I even preferred
it to the Deluxe versions of the Big Muff and the Civil War. It at least has a little bit of Mids
going on.

I used to run it into my JCM800 when I had them both. I think you'll dig it muchly! :beer

Footswitch is killer. Bouncing between modes is awesome. I’m debating whether to go six modes
Clean Green
Clean Orange
Crunch Green
Crunch Orange
Crunch Red
OD1 Orange

Or keeping one dedicated to the second master, which is very handy, but at the expense of another mode.

Crunch Orange is the sneaky mode with this amp. It’s awesome. Makes me want to AC/DC, but you can also use it for a frigging fantastic dirty clean. So good. I’m spending the majority of my time on this mode.

Current take, the non chug tones are the real surprise here. So much going on beyond the OD1 Orange. (Which is magnificent)

Other take: I need to rotate my pedals 90 degrees because my right ear is getting battered :ROFLMAO:

van gogh art GIF by Anne Horel

The good news is theres room for 10 more knobs on the front panel .... jk.
I honestly dont know what id do with all that.

When you realize the footswitches 1-4 correspond to channels 1-4, and are multi-tap, so you can cycle through each mode by simply tapping it again.

Excited The Hills GIF

I’m realizing the power of the SD1 with it now. (After having the moron revelation that you can, ya know, bump the bass knob up a notch to compensate for the extra bass reduction compared to an 808 :bag )

And it's completely configurable.

Yeah, I thought they were just single press “presets” of a specific channel/mode combo. I was totally surprised when I mishit the wrong switch and saw it mode cycle for that channel. I had to chill after going on a mode changing frenzy for several minutes.

Tap Dance GIF

Yeah, I thought they were just single press “presets” of a specific channel/mode combo. I was totally surprised when I mishit the wrong switch and saw it mode cycle for that channel. I had to chill after going on a mode changing frenzy for several minutes.

Tap Dance GIF
And each step also recalls the reverb and loop configuration last used with that mode. Sooooo good!
:beer

Back