New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Saw my first HX One in the wild just yesterday, at a local music store. Didn't get to play it, but the thing looks and feels very premium.

I like how the stomp switches are on a raised lip, so you don't accidentally step on the controls - all photos i saw beforehand made it to look a bit like a plain square box.

Last edited:
It’s a very smexy pedal

E7AAC366-DCAE-452A-9CB9-8BB63638C972.jpeg

@Digital Igloo a couple questions regarding midi. For syncing to my midi clock chain I’m using devices that are 1/8” trs. I know that there is midi trs type a and b. Do you know which type the HX One needs to see?

Also more general midi question, hypothetically if I wanted to get a midi foot controller to use with this, would that prevent me from being able to send tempo data? Or would that still pass through as long as the FS had midi in?

I know that there is midi trs type a and b. Do you know which type the HX One needs to see?
Perhaps I'm missing something, but given that the HX One uses MIDI DIN, you are going to need a TRS to MIDI DIN adapter, and the "type" of the TRS end that you'll need is going to be dependent on the device you connect at that end, not the HX One.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but given that the HX One uses MIDI DIN, you are going to need a TRS to MIDI DIN adapter, and the "type" of the TRS end that you'll need is going to be dependent on the device you connect at that end, not the HX One.

D’oh, you’re right! In that case I presume I will need type A for korg and boss devices

Posted this in my QC thread, but will repost here for more help?

Just got the HX One and LOVE it. Super cool and sleek pedal.

I’ve been having issues getting it to respond to midi commands from my Quad Cortex. It’s working now but has been intermittent for no apparent reason. (Not a QC thing because my Stomp responds fine.)

Also, I can’t get it to update. It just shuts off/goes blank and then doesn’t turn on or start the update process, and I get an error message from HX One Librarian or Line 6 Central, telling me it failed and to power cycle and try again.

Posted this in my QC thread, but will repost here for more help?

Just got the HX One and LOVE it. Super cool and sleek pedal.

I’ve been having issues getting it to respond to midi commands from my Quad Cortex. It’s working now but has been intermittent for no apparent reason. (Not a QC thing because my Stomp responds fine.)

Also, I can’t get it to update. It just shuts off/goes blank and then doesn’t turn on or start the update process, and I get an error message from HX One Librarian or Line 6 Central, telling me it failed and to power cycle and try again.
This is when you return it or set up a factory RMA with Line 6. They'll replace it for you considering it's so new. That's not how it's supposed to operate.

This is when you return it or set up a factory RMA with Line 6. They'll replace it for you considering it's so new. That's not how it's supposed to operate.

Yeah, I’m thinking about it, although the midi seems to have sorted itself out and has worked all day today. It may be as simple as needing to seat the midi cable more firmly in the HX1? I went back and forth between three cables last night, with it only working for about 20 minutes for no deducible reason, and then a few hours later it just stopped working. But today it's working, and making sure the cable is pushed in firm - more so than the Stomp - seems to be helping? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the updating problems: a guy at TOP said he had the exact same issue, tried different cables and usb ports on his PC, etc, but it finally worked when trying with his laptop, for some reason (even thought the PC works with all his other L6 stuff). I actually didn't try any other ports on my MacBook, so I'll try that first, and then maybe give it a go with my wife or daughter's MacBooks.

I have yet to do the update or implement into my midi chain so I’m no help I’m afraid lol

Glad you are digging otherwise tho!

I have yet to do the update or implement into my midi chain so I’m no help I’m afraid lol

Glad you are digging otherwise tho!

Yeah, it’s an awesome pedal. HX’s range and quality of effects is mind blowing, as always.

And tbh I was only concerned about updating to get the midi sorted, and to make sure I don’t have a faulty unit, but the midi seems okay now.

Yeah, it’s an awesome pedal. HX’s range and quality of effects is mind blowing, as always.

And tbh I was only concerned about updating to get the midi sorted, and to make sure I don’t have a faulty unit, but the midi seems okay now.
The HX pedal sounds like it's delivering some top-notch effects, and it's reassuring that the MIDI functionality is working smoothly after the update.

Ugh, still can't get the HX One to update. I need to update it now, can't just use as-is, because I want to use mid thru (which doesn't work without 3.71). :(

I tried updating offline - thank you for the tip @Sascha Franck - still no luck. The HX One just goes dark and doesn't turn back on or even start the update process.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and single USB C cable, no adapters or hubs, etc.

Any ideas, @Digital Igloo ?

Thanks.

Back