New Line 6 Catalyst CX Amps

Yes POD Express is more user friendly for fx selection - but Catalyst is easier to tweak your amp sounds. For headphone or hooking to monitors etc I think POD Express wins. Even though the Cat FX are fiddly, it does have an editor so you can dial in each effect preset exactly how you want it vs the stock ranges of the POD Express FX. I'll be using both a ton both separate and together :)
Both in conjunction seems like a very powerful setup!

At the risk of opening an old wound, what is this about? A UI debate that escalated?
The most violent argument The Gear Forum has ever witnessed.

Nah, it was just a (terrible) joke I made because @laxu posted a new Catalyst CX thread on the digital etc. sub forum. Now it just looks even more stupid. :rofl

Edit: you won't find me debating UI. I've happily used Fractal since the OG Standard before Axe-Edit was ever a thing. Though I did want to throw the Boss SY-300 out the window.:bag

Got an OG Cat100 used for a good price, loaded the new firmware and using my iPad to control it via the Apple USB Camera Kit. So far so good (well, mostly).

Not a fan of the speaker tbh but will try it with a graphic EQ pedal in the loop later today (it doesn’t have one on board for some odd reason) and will report back.

Got an OG Cat100 used for a good price, loaded the new firmware and using my iPad to control it via the Apple USB Camera Kit. So far so good (well, mostly).

Not a fan of the speaker tbh but will try it with a graphic EQ pedal in the loop later today (it doesn’t have one on board for some odd reason) and will report back.
Update: EQ works to tame some of the harshness in tandem with the noise gate (via iPad). Really useful tones for jamming at home with the ability to have Chorus+Delay at the same time. Good update!

Back