New Friedman head? Friedman Vintage

The point I was making (which seems to be zipping past and over people’s heads) is that I realize the Smallbox and MetroPlex don’t preserve the sanctity of Plexi tone. I don’t care. An amp without a loop is useless to me.

I think it’s great those amps exist. They serve a purpose. I was just commenting to the other guy that there are alternatives. Those alternatives haven’t been blessed by the almighty Plexi purists, but they’re still a lot of fun.

This is my thing. I really want a plexi style amp, but the ones that interest me the most don’t have a loop, and I really can’t go that route. I use longer delays too much, just would never work for me.

D

Yup, same. But I'm not really a purist, so it doesn't really bother me. Not saying you are, just speaking for myself.

I can’t be a purist and want an effects loop lol - or I guess I sorta could with a fryette power station which has crossed my mind. But I don’t really need any of this and am having a hard time justifying it just for fun. I’m not gonna haul a head, 412, power station rack, pedalboard, etc for most gigs. Most of the time I can’t be bothered to take a combo amp and just run a modeling rig for everything.

Despite all that impracticality, I still want a great plexi style amp with an effects loop…

D

Well, it appears, Dave’s cloning his
personal-PLEXi and that amplifier did not
have an effects loop either🎯
As we of the few know, there’s herds of different “Plexi’s”
Which one?
If you want a loop?
No amp for you😉

You getting one, Carl?
Hope alls well Ed! It’s been a minute. I just got the Suhr SL67 MK II. The Friedman would just be a slightly different flavor. I run the Suhr into a PS2 . The MV in the Suhr is so good I don’t use it for attenuation, just the effects loop. I also got the PS100.
1706658226666.png

First off, those are not all mine. Secondly, I only added the photo to show I do have hands on experience with those amps. Wasn’t waving dicks.

I think the Smallbox is a great amp. The loop works great as well. It’s definitely in the “Marshall” camp. But it is different from the “Plexi” clones by a fair margin. Not better or worse, just different.

I appreciate the snark.
Great to see you here my friend 🍻 I appreciate and look forward to your input and participation here👍🏻

Hope alls well Ed! It’s been a minute. I just got the Suhr SL67 MK II. The Friedman would just be a slightly different flavor. I run the Suhr into a PS2 . The MV in the Suhr is so good I don’t use it for attenuation, just the effects loop. I also got the PS100. View attachment 18079

How does that HX100 stack up?

Black Woman Influencer GIF by Maui Bigelow

Well, I currently have the latest version Smallbox (v3), original SL-67, and a Germino Lead 35. The Smallbox is a cool amp, but sounds nothing like the Suhr or Germino.

Recent amp shootout at my house with a few of my amps and friends’s.

My friend’s Phil X amp is the best sounding Friedman amp I have heard / played to date.

I wanna go to that party! :love

Looking Peeping Tom GIF by 1091

Back