New Amplitube Tonex Pedal -or- Capture Packs (?)

BenIfin

Roadie
Hey all !

Just posted this in the other place - apologies is this is already posted somewhere .... just got this from my cousin:-

1689829970853.jpeg

Given the image shows pedals behind the Tonex Name ... I'm guessing some sort of all-in-one pedal (?) -or- [hopefully] free Official IK Capture Packs (?)

Let the speculation begin :)

Ben

Last edited:
Upon a closer look at the background image *maybe* they are launching a series of "paid for" or free Capture Packs (?)

Hmmmmm .....

Ben

Last edited:
That sounded really really good

Yep. In Kemper-Land .... there was/is a debate .... Mbritt's stuff is too dark .... Top Jimi's is too bright .... horses for courses. TJ's Trainwreck Kemper Pack was/is ridonkulously amazing.

Ben

So, it's a market place for captures?

Personally i hate this business model, but i get some solace of IK putting the squeeze on NDSP and the Quad Cortex, which arguably should've done this two years ago.

So, it's a market place for captures?

Personally i hate this business model, but i get some solace of IK putting the squeeze on NDSP and the Quad Cortex, which arguably should've done this two years ago.

Yeah not a fan but atleast you can try before you buy I guess.

Also, there do seem to be some good choices!

If this would have been done after an updated UI I think it would have been received better

But we all have to take what we hear on Youtube with a grain of salt these players or most of them make anything sound great, which always comes down to the player
I made a really decent Gary Moore live patch but i aint no Gary Moore, I dont sound Spot on, so its not the hardware its the player

But we all have to take what we hear on Youtube with a grain of salt these players or most of them make anything sound great, which always comes down to the player
I made a really decent Gary Moore live patch but i aint no Gary Moore, I dont sound Spot on, so its not the hardware its the player
Yes, and some post process the tracks, even using plugins for effects that totally obscure the tone.

For VH Tones TJ was the known guy for that, although some user complaint's about their mix preferences will always be an issue.

Hopefully, IK release the update/fix/user ask items soon as well.

I mean I can get around perfectly fine now since I've been using the SW and pedal since release.

But for new users it would be nice to load multiple IR's simultaneously and some other quality workflow type of items that iK Peter mentioned a few months ago.

One big nice to have would to be able to LOCK a CAB when connected to Tone.net. There are many direct captures and it's so inefficient to have to click constantly to select another IR to get the true sound of the capture.

As far as the market place, I think that's a good option for those creating the capture packs, rather than dealing with hosting their own site, payments etc. I have several packs I've purchased which are great and many great free captures as well.

Last edited:
They certainly did a good job of rounding up an initial offering of stuff... IK's pretty motivated at building stuff they can monetize. ;)

Generally not completely against that... as long as it does not get in the way of quality...

They certainly did a good job of rounding up an initial offering of stuff... IK's pretty motivated at building stuff they can monetize. ;)

Generally not completely against that... as long as it does not get in the way of quality...
If Amplitube/Tonex had the UI/UX designers from NDSP as well as the better quality captures from NAM they would be untouchable.

Yep. In Kemper-Land .... there was/is a debate .... Mbritt's stuff is too dark .... Top Jimi's is too bright .... horses for courses. TJ's Trainwreck Kemper Pack was/is ridonkulously amazing.

Ben
Hm yeah the Top Jimi stuff is bright, as it should be IMO. That said I do dial up bass and take down treble on those, but you can really tweak them, plus using the DI captures you can use some darker IRs with them.
By being captured with all the treble they got that snap that is so important to balance tje flubby tendencies in cranked plexis.

Back