A mild grumble+warning about IK Multimedia & Amplitube 5 Max

This is incredible.
asks mr bean GIF

Why the absolute Zeus-arse is IK expecting AT5 Max v1 (stupid fucking name) owners to pay $99 for Mesa Boogie Collection 2, or to pay a $199 upgrade to AT5 Max v2 (stupid fucking name) ... when the major salient difference between them is ... you guessed it... Mesa Boogie Collection 2.

This is what you don't get if you have AT5 Max v1:
  1. X-Drive
  2. X-Vibe
  3. X-Space
  4. California Tweed
  5. Mark IIC+
  6. Mark V
  7. Triple Crown
  8. 1x12 California Tweed
  9. 2x12 California Tweed
  10. 2x12 Road King
  11. 4x12 Road King Black
  12. 4x12 Road King Vintage

Why the absolute piss-chips would I pay $199 for that, when I couldn't give a stuff about 70% of it??!! I literally only want the Mark IIC+ and Mark V. Everything else can get in the sea.

IK would rather sell you even more things you don't want to make you feel like you're getting value: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=14613

I guess you can also buy individual models in the custom shop, but then you get royally screwed up the arse when you next buy something as you end up with redundant licences. IK absolutely do not want to offer fair upgrade plans, they want to sell you more products so you get 200 products when you only actually want 3.

Here we go again.

Support asked me a few days ago to make a thread to get to the bottom of this input level stuff with other users.
View attachment 9543
Other users join in saying they are experiencing the same issues, and expressing some dissatisfaction with how things progress.

THREAD LOCKED.

Can only presume the dissatisfaction users are displaying went against the forum rules. Its almost like they purposefully make it SO BAD that users get angry and get threads locked. Much easier than letting users communicate and get anywhere when support won't help

Meanwhile, Amplitube is crashing more than ever, support is still totally disinterested. What the hell is going on at IK?

You’d think having software that actually works with some kind of accurate documentation wouldn’t be a big ask?

Last edited:
Here we go again.

Support asked me a few days ago to make a thread to get to the bottom of this input level stuff with other users.
View attachment 9543
Other users join in saying they are experiencing the same issues, and expressing some dissatisfaction with how things progress.

THREAD LOCKED.

Can only presume the dissatisfaction users are displaying went against the forum rules. Its almost like they purposefully make it SO BAD that users get angry and get threads locked. Much easier than letting users communicate and get anywhere when support won't help

Meanwhile, Amplitube is crashing more than ever, support is still totally disinterested. What the hell is going on at IK?

You’d think having software that actually works with some kind of accurate documentation wouldn’t be a big ask?

That’s Our IKMTM ?

Here we go again.

View attachment 9543

THREAD LOCKED.

I can’t believe that thread was locked! Major WTF. I didn’t see anything written there that merited a lock.

Maybe support is working on this, so they locked it to keep from generating confusion while a fix is in the works.

Ah, who am I kidding. No way that’s what’s happening :LOL:

@MirrorProfiles If their support keeps talking to you, just send them that table from UA’s documentation and say “This is what we’re looking for.”

Back