Never Ever Thought These Would Fetch $2,000

la szum

Goatlord
1666654843672.png

First real, Big Boy, amp I ever owned. I bought one of these in 1986 when stationed in Florida while
serving in the Military. Bought a Kramer Baretta (no longer own :( ) and an RG100ES Half Stack, and
then put it in my barracks without asking for permission. I bet I was one of the only active duty military
members with a 4x 12 in his barracks. :banana

I'd crank the piss out of it, too.

I bought it because both George Lynch (used on Tooth and Nail) and Vivian Campbell were endorsing
Randalls at the time. It was supposed to be a Solid State JCM800. It wasn't---but it was a damn fine amp
that served me well for a long time. Sold it in 1993 to a friend, when I became burnt out on Civilization
and sold all of my belongings to go live off-grid in the woods for 6 months, and then did that for nearly
10 years! :LOL:

I paid $500 for the entire half stack . $2k for an head now? Wut??!!

View attachment 1913

First real, Big Boy, amp I ever owned. I bought one of these in 1986 when stationed in Florida while
serving in the Military. Bought a Kramer Baretta (no longer own :( ) and an RG100ES Half Stack, and
then put it in my barracks without asking for permission. I bet I was one of the only active duty military
members with a 4x 12 in his barracks. :banana

I'd crank the piss out of it, too.

I bought it because both George Lynch (used on Tooth and Nail) and Vivian Campbell were endorsing
Randalls at the time. It was supposed to be a Solid State JCM800. It wasn't---but it was a damn fine amp
that served me well for a long time. Sold it in 1993 to a friend, when I became burnt out on Civilization
and sold all of my belongings to go live off-grid in the woods for 6 months, and then did that for nearly
10 years! :LOL:

I paid $500 for the entire half stack . $2k for an head now? Wut??!!
That reminds me of the Crate SS head that Lee Jackson designed, that I had and traded to GC for peanuts. :(

That reminds me of the Crate SS head that Lee Jackson designed, that I had and traded to GC for peanuts. :(

Wow, I didn't know he also did a Solid State head. I have a couple of the carpet covered Stealths he did
for Crate. They are ugly as sin and huge, but they sound amazing. For a Crate. :LOL:

I have been hanging on to a Crate Palomino 50 2x12 for awhile now and also a Crate VFX5112 the 2nd of which is designed and made in the USA. The Palomino (Made in Vietnam) is worth more but the VFX is a far better amp IMO. The Vintage Clubs, palominos and VFX series are tremendous sounding amps but you gotta be good at soldering cos they all come up with cold solder joints all through em. Once they are re-soldered though they are rock solid.

Back