Neural DSP Nano Cortex

It was actually two of them, not just one. RexRemus, and FunWDirt.

All the user said was this:
View attachment 30453

And in response?
View attachment 30454
View attachment 30455

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. I would be FUMING with anger if I had such half-assed amateur children representing me publicly.... and again, that is ME saying that.... and I'm a fucking edgelord!!!

These guys are absolute raging weapons.
Discord is about as toxic as Facebook.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. For my use case it's the best device I could buy. Hey, everyone has it's opinion... It's fine. Other guys buy devices I'd never ever even imagine to buy... So that's ok.

The midicontroller probably needs to switched to “usb device” instead of “host”.
Hmmm... I can't do that, there's no option to do it.

What I see is that the USB-C port in the NC is not host. It doesn't power a WiFi midi dongle. I also tried a regular midi signal (what you call midi device, I guess), with a simple USB MIDI interface, but it doesn't work either (this was expected though).

Also, the smartphone is just a usb host midi device.

Hmmm... I can't do that, there's no option to do it.

What I see is that the USB-C port in the NC is not host. It doesn't power a WiFi midi dongle. I also tried a regular midi signal (what you call midi device, I guess), with a simple USB MIDI interface, but it doesn't work either (this was expected though).

Also, the smartphone is just a usb host midi device.
I’m not all that well educated on the subject but
fact:
My Kemper Player is a midi host, for my midi pedal to work over usb, I had to set the controller in “device modus”.

My assumptions:
Midi host and device…are operating modi for a midi device
2 hosts can not interact with one another
Wether there is power over usb, has nothing to do with it.

One more thing to check: the cable. Took me 2 days to discover that while the usb cable I used seemed to work, it wasn’t suitable for midi.

This helped me diagnose it:

Can you try these steps?
1. Download, install and run this app on your Mac: https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/
2. On M2 > Settings > USB > Mode > Device.
3. Connect M2 USB-C port (the small one) > USB cable > Mac
4. Open MIDI Monitor app, do you see the Graviton USB-MIDI under the MIDI Sources ?
5. If yes, try to send some messages from the M2, see if they appear in the app

It was actually two of them, not just one. RexRemus, and FunWDirt.

All the user said was this:
View attachment 30453

And in response?
View attachment 30454
View attachment 30455

Absolutely disgusting behaviour. I would be FUMING with anger if I had such half-assed amateur children representing me publicly.... and again, that is ME saying that.... and I'm a fucking edgelord!!!

These guys... man... these guys.....
??
200.gif

had to set the controller in “device modus”.
Yeah, but my controllers don't have that option.

Besides, the player has 2 usb ports, one of them is clearly stated as host, so any normal usb controller will work fine.

In this case, the NC doesn't seem to have a host port. Not having power says it all.

Regarding the cable, I used the saber one with the smartphone, and it works perfectly.

Weird.

Anyway, I'm planning to use the trs (it's just that I still don't have a din to trs adapter), but It'd like it to work properly with the usb too.

You know one thing I find interesting, when Nano Cortex first came out I was hoping it had the amps .
and I mentioned this , to a guy in the FB group after he chimed it it had a bunch of amps , This was before the product and details were released so he obviously knew someone.
I mentioned not captures but real amps to which the response was, "they use the same techniques and amp model is just a large amount of captures instead of one fixed static capture, but it is the same quality."
for instance if you took a setting you like a Freidman HBE, c45 on, voice on eq flat you could basically capture that model at those setting and compared they would be almost identical .

I started to wonder that and then saw this video where he is comparing the Full Amp model with a capture of that and it sounds to me 95% the same , so there may be some weight to the claim that the majority of their amp models , basically being AI captures with some Eq tweaks

if so it stands to reason that you could probably get all the QC models and Plug in models with just getting a good capture of your favourite settings

food for thought

they use the same techniques and amp model is just a large amount of captures instead of one fixed static capture, but it is the same quality."
I think NDSP has already pretty much confirmed this. They don't use component modeling for their models

Last edited:
There's always a ton of complaints and criticisms when it comes to amp modelling software.

Tonocracy got a fair bit. AT5 got a fair bit. Helix Native gets a fair bit. Cortex Control got some shade. Axe Edit gets a lot too. Even Guitar Rig.

At the end of the day..... opinions... assholes... etc etc etc !
They all have something or another but only ToneX makes you have three assholes and won’t let you keep more than one clean at a time. Who needs that?!?

I think NDSP has already pretty much confirmed this. They don't use component modeling for their models
I asked Doug when the QC was announced and he confirmed this. They use TINA to turn the knobs in-between captures.
Ehhhhh there's nothing confirmed cus over the years Doug Castro's contradicted himself all the time.

comes to the modeling forum, "we use both cus it's smart to use component modeling as appropriate"
goes to the media, "it's all AI robot and automation"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, I'm planning to use the trs (it's just that I still don't have a din to trs adapter), but It'd like it to work properly with the usb too.
I've got the Nano changing programs via sending program change commands from my Windows PC running the VST host Cantabile. My presets assigned to the foot switches came up as programs 25-28. I sure wish there was a desktop app that would let you just drag and drop to rearrange your presets. It's nice to have an app but only in addition to desktop software. I haven't tried connecting a small keyboard controller/foot pedal that can send program change and I guess that's what you're talking about - controlling the Nano with the USB output from a stand-alone controller. I bet it will work with one of those USB to MIDI host boxes like the Kenton MK3. And there are some cheaper ones out there.

I've got the Nano changing programs via sending program change commands from my Windows PC running the VST host Cantabile. My presets assigned to the foot switches came up as programs 25-28. I sure wish there was a desktop app that would let you just drag and drop to rearrange your presets. It's nice to have an app but only in addition to desktop software. I haven't tried connecting a small keyboard controller/foot pedal that can send program change and I guess that's what you're talking about - controlling the Nano with the USB output from a stand-alone controller. I bet it will work with one of those USB to MIDI host boxes like the Kenton MK3. And there are some cheaper ones out there.
That´s the problem... with a smartphone (or a PC, which would be the same) it works perfectly. But with a USB-host box like the Kenton (I have a Dore MIDI which is just the same and works perfectly with all pedals I´ve tried, like Zooms and Valetons) it doesn´t work. That´s what has me surprised. A USB-host box is just like a PC... so Why does it not work?

That´s the problem... with a smartphone (or a PC, which would be the same) it works perfectly. But with a USB-host box like the Kenton (I have a Dore MIDI which is just the same and works perfectly with all pedals I´ve tried, like Zooms and Valetons) it doesn´t work. That´s what has me surprised. A USB-host box is just like a PC... so Why does it not work?
Now when I use the Kenton host box - which it looks like the Doremidi box is similar - I'm using it to convert the USB output of a controller to standard DIN/miniplug MIDI on the device I want to control. Sounded like to me you're trying to go from USB midi out on a standalone controller to USB midi in on the Nano. I don't believe that works because the Nano is not a USB host device. I believe you can only go MIDI in via the quarter inch jack when using a stand-alone MIDI controller for changes. You can use a host box when the controlling device only has USB out to convert to MIDI DIN. This is my understanding but heck, I could be wrong.

No, I use a standard DIN midi controller, through a usb-host box (DoreMidi), which converts DIN to USB MIDI to control devices that only listen to computers, or the like.

I've used it that way lots of times, with lots of pedals that supposedly don't listen to midi messages through their usb port.

The NC accepts midi in from computers. Why doesn't it accept them from host boxes (which are, actually, micro computers)?

Back