NDSP Quad Cortex

That's a completely self-inflicted wound because they didn't decide to communicate even somewhat honestly on the scope of work it required until three years after they announced it (via the Sep. 2023 update). Even then, it's taken nine additional months for it to work with just two plugins.

In their defense, it’s very easy to misinterpret “Shortly after launch.”

That was meant to be taken as “Three years to release two, with a near halt to all native QC development”.

It’s very easy to mix that up.

That was to meant to be taken as “Three years to release two, with a near halt to all native QC development”.

Looking Around Star Trek GIF

That was meant to be taken as “Three years to release two, with a near halt to all native QC development”.

I am just waiting to see the new plug ins coming
We already know of a VAI and Devin in the pipeline

My next educated guess they seem to have a relationship with Boutique amps and synergy brands
Soldano , Tone King and now Morgan
The way Freidman talks them up I have got to think a Freidman suite is in the works
Now if they got Bogner for me
Pants 👖 would be shat

***disclaimer if anyone nails the 101b Line6, Fractal NDSP they would probably have my $$$$$

Last edited:
I am just waiting to see the new plug ins coming
We already know of a VAI and Devin in the pipeline

My next educated guess they seem to have a relationship with Boutique amps and synergy brands
Soldano , Tone King and now Morgan
The way Freidman talks them up I have got to think a Freidman suite is in the works
Now if they got Bogner for me
Pants 👖 would be shat

***disclaimer if anyone nails the 101b Line6, Fractal NDSP they would probably have my $$$$$
I got every single plug except the dark glass and hardly anything but Nolly gets used.

I got every single plug except the dark glass and hardly anything but Nolly gets used.
That’s cool what did you think of some of the others like Tone king if you were an Fx guy which one do you think offers the best bang for the buck

The plugin stuff ended up being basically what I expected. It doesn't sound any better or worse than what is already in the unit. I'm sure when it launches someone will do a comparison between the plugin and the QC to see if there is any sound difference.
Yes, can also guarantee that no matter how close or how far apart they are, I guarantee that there will be a bunch of complaints about them being unequal.

That's a completely self-inflicted wound because they didn't decide to communicate even somewhat honestly on the scope of work it required until three years after they announced it (via the Sep. 2023 update). Even then, it's taken nine additional months for it to work with just two plugins.
Not super surprising since I don't think this was even partially scoped when it was committed to.

My impression of how initial concept for this feature went down.

• Doug C (Hyping on TGP): QC's going to rule. <insert: assorted half truths, various other unsubstantiated assertions, redefinition of GHz, etc. >
  • TGP Rando: Will it run the plugins? That would be awesome.
  • Doug C (not even stopping to think for second): Sure we can totally make it do that.
  • Neural Devs: <Next three years or so; Trying to figure out how the hell to do the above given the reality of all the implementation details> WTF? why did he say we could do this? When do they need it?

I knew this was gonna take forever. Pretty sure that was the extent of the planning and design on Neural's end for that feature, initially.

Now that its imminent it's *still* gonna take forever because they aren't really ported, I don't think. I suspect, they are just making equivalent models and standards for porting settings between them.

If I were a competitor, I'd be loving it, because it completely rat holed QC development.

Last edited:
Not super surprising since I don't think this was even partially scoped when it was committed to.

My impression of how initial concept for this feature went down.

• Doug C (Hyping on TGP): QC's going to rule. <insert: assorted half truths, various other unsubstantiated assertions, redefinition of GHz, etc. >
  • TGP Rando: Will it run the plugins? That would be awesome.
  • Doug C (not even stopping to think for second): Sure we can totally make it do that.
  • Neural Devs: <Next three years or so; Trying to figure out how the hell to do the above given the reality of all the implementation details> WTF? why did he say we could do this? When do they need it?

I knew this was gonna take forever. Pretty sure that was the extent of the planning and design on Neural's end for that feature, initially.

Now that its imminent it's *still* gonna take forever because they aren't really ported, I don't think. I suspect, they are just making equivalent models and standards for porting settings between them.

If I were a competitor, I'd be loving it, because it completely rat holed QC development.

Rinse and repeat for the desktop editor which was mocked up on the product page from day one, yet remained vaporware for quite awhile afterward.

Rinse and repeat for the desktop editor which was mocked up on the product page from day one, yet remained vaporware for quite awhile afterward.
That’s not an NDSP problem that was the tech writers and editor
They forget to delete about 20 models , the desktop editor
And Hybrid mode from the
Final copy of the users manual

Back