NADs- Tubestack edition!

So the guy who sold me the Shiva hit me up today and made an offer I couldn’t refuse-

View attachment 18152

View attachment 18154

Hahahaha sitting on that old Mesa cab, it looks tiny as hell in comparison to the others, but that cab has two C90’s in it and would absolutely blow the windows out of this place before either other cab even made the walls shake.

Haven’t plugged it in yet, getting up to Delray was a bit of a nightmare due to traffic, a 45 minute trip ended up taking me over 2 hours, so I’m scarfing some food down and then seeing how delicately I can adjust that volume knob! I read a bunch of @TubeStack’s posts on TOP about this amp, along with everyone else, who all say it’s stupid loud.

Much like the Shiva, I wasn’t looking for this for any reason, but some deals are stupid to pass up.
You and @Orvillain do weird shit in your kitchens

… but the gain structure and feel are definitely different. This is so much more immediate than the Shiva and cleans up a HELLUVALOT better, but the Shiva also has more gain going on.

This really seems to hit that Plexi thing I was going for…

Exactly! It's like a crazy plexi-Mesa hybrid: plexi-like in sponginess/feel and overall tone, but warmer and with those rich Mesa mids… :chef

… after I get the chance to crank the shit out of it at work. I’m REALLY anxious to do that with this amp, because I know you gotta crank it to get it singing.

That's when the Simul-Class works its magic and it just sounds f*cking huge, absolutely massive and 3D-sounding. :love

(And that happens and is house-shaking loud at like, 9 o'clock on the volume knob… :rofl)

I just skimmed over your thread, I cant keep up with your gear adventures and couldn’t remember how that one turned out. I actually didn’t even remember you had one until I saw the thread today. :rofl That’s a bummer, man!
Man; I was and still kinda am really disappointed. The fact that it was a combo that was broken softened the (hernia) blow a bit but I REALLLLLY wanted it to hang around. It definitely opened my eyes up to using dirt pedals and worshipping that Simulclass power section :satan

oh-my-george-takei.gif

Damn am I jealous. I’ve always wanted to spend time with one of those. I hear amazing things about all channels.

IIRC one of these displaced Bruce Springsteen’s IIC+ that he’s used for decades.

That's a triumvirate of Toanz right there, now just be on the lookout for a classic JCM800 (2203 or 2204)

:beer

If I could score a JCM800 for the price I got ANY of these amps I’d be shitting myself silly so much I’d never get the chance to play it.

All those times I saw 800’s sitting in pawn shops in music stores in the 90’s fr $400-$500……ugh….

Back