NAD: Mark VII

I don't have any inside information about the European situation, but Mesa can't even fill all the orders State-side. So I'm guessing they're making the US a priority first, before shipping overseas.

Yeah, could understand that for any new models. But as said, there's not ONE single Mesa for sale at any of the three biggest retailers over here. No new ones, no B-stock, just nothing. Heck, not even a single of their pedals is available anywhere.

Yeah, could understand that for any new models. But as said, there's not ONE single Mesa for sale at any of the three biggest retailers over here. No new ones, no B-stock, just nothing. Heck, not even a single of their pedals is available anywhere.
All models. My Badlander JUST went into production, from late 2020. We've got a Dual Rec from 2021 that hasn't shown up yet. It's not just new models.

All models. My Badlander JUST went into production, from late 2020. We've got a Dual Rec from 2021 that hasn't shown up yet. It's not just new models.

Yeah, I understand that. But see, all you can buy from Mesa over here (in 3 shops) is an oldish B-stock bass cab, a B-stock cab clone and some protective covers. And there's not even any "available soon" products. It's pretty much as if the company ceased to exist and all that is left is something nobody wanted anymore.

Hasn’t Mesa always had supply issues in Europe because of the 230v transformers? I have heard it’s worse now than ever, but my understanding is Mesas have always been somewhat difficult to come by in Europe.

Yeah, I understand that. But see, all you can buy from Mesa over here (in 3 shops) is an oldish B-stock bass cab, a B-stock cab clone and some protective covers. And there's not even any "available soon" products. It's pretty much as if the company ceased to exist and all that is left is something nobody wanted anymore.
Right, just like Triple Crown, CabClone IR and IR+, all pedals, all signal routing, all buffers, etc are all listed as legacy, with no indication as to whether or not they'll be back.

Hasn’t Mesa always had supply issues in Europe because of the 230v transformers? I have heard it’s worse now than ever, but my understanding is Mesas have always been somewhat difficult to come by in Europe.

Well, really just kind of. At least amps and stuff have always been listed with some "available in XYZ weeks" remark. And you could usually get at least *some* stuff out of each category (amps, cabs, pedals).

Right, just like Triple Crown, CabClone IR and IR+, all pedals, all signal routing, all buffers, etc are all listed as legacy, with no indication as to whether or not they'll be back.

Wow. Now that's strange.

Some kinda marketing stunt to artificially raise the value or just plain bad management?

How interesting. Kinda makes sense, as the Badlander fits a similar space as the TC but is a more popular model. The Cab Clone IR is a great product, but let's be honest it's a Captor X with less features, less software, and is $200 more expensive. Plus it carries the brand-damaged "cab clone" moniker which they really need to retire.

How interesting. Kinda makes sense, as the Badlander fits a similar space as the TC but is a more popular model. The Cab Clone IR is a great product, but let's be honest it's a Captor X with less features, less software, and is $200 more expensive. Plus it carries the brand-damaged "cab clone" moniker which they really need to retire.
They've hit the CabCloneCOSM

None of what I mentioned is actually discontinued though. It'll be back. They've just decided to put it in Legacy, while it's not actively being made.

It's still too bad the Road King, Roadster, and 2:90 were discontinued. It feels to me like there is still a market for those amps.
Eh. They're very cool, but I think most gigging musicians thought they were overkill. We barely sold any, except for the Roadster.

I am also assuming the Mark V 90 will be discontinued now. Once the existing stock is sold that is it. I expect
they'll keep making the Mark V:25 and V:35, though.

I am pretty confident the Mark V 90 watters will be more expensive used soon than they are new now. Just wait and watch. :LOL:

I am also assuming the Mark V 90 will be discontinued now. Once the existing stock is sold that is it. I expect
they'll keep making the Mark V:25 and V:35, though.
The Mark V35 is such a special amp. It’s light yet powerful. The V25 is great but doesn’t have the headroom to play in a live band. The V35 fixes that issue.

Yeah, I am not a fan of any of the Mesa 25 watt offerings for that reason. They run out of headroom pretty quick.

Great options for those who play only at home or alone, though.

Unfortunately, mine has to go back for repair or they are just going to replace it as I was told.

Something has gone wrong internally on the amp.
All the tubes light up fine. I just started noticing some strange tonal noises only on the MK VII mode. Switching to other modes and channels was fine and all sounded great.

Then yesterday morning, I turned it on...everything lighting up and no sound. Tried different cables and speaker cables/cabinet just to be sure. Also tried just running it through headphones.

I can hear a normal hiss through the speaker cab, channels change as they should but there is an audible pop now when changing them....it would seem that something has gone wrong on the pre-amp side, I believe.

I am going to try one more thing before it gets sent back by switching a good pre-amp tube through each socket and see what happens.
This is one of those times I wish I had my Orange VT1000. Wish I never sold that thing. I remember it found a bad tube on my XTC years back.
One of those doofus moves on my part! LOL.

No worries though...it is under warranty and I know Mesa is always great for that kind of thing.

Back