NAD: Mark VII

Thanks! If you check my other videos, I assure you the Road King fits mixes perfectly as well :D

I bet both are fantastic amps if played to their strengths, for sure.

I also wonder how close that Mark could get to that Recto if you went out of your way to dial the Mark's Presence and 6600 slider to try and match the top end character of the Recto.

quick and dirty comparison video I put together. Don't expect much, this is just a cell phone vid;

This sounds AWESOME. Typing this as I'm sitting here looking at my blue stripe MK III and thinking a VII has a future sitting next to it. The standout here (at least for me) was that old school midrange honk the popped forward when you went to the IIC mode. The Mark III has some of that, but in your video it immediately reminded me of my old Mesa Studio Pre. Such a great sound. Thanks for putting this together. (y)

Even though I've owned several Mesa's, they've mostly been rack units. I've only played through 1 head, which is the 100 watt DR Multi-Watt I have, and it sounds fantastic.

So I'm curious, what's the main differences between Mesa Rectos' and Marks?

This sounds AWESOME. Typing this as I'm sitting here looking at my blue stripe MK III and thinking a VII has a future sitting next to it. The standout here (at least for me) was that old school midrange honk the popped forward when you went to the IIC mode. The Mark III has some of that, but in your video it immediately reminded me of my old Mesa Studio Pre. Such a great sound. Thanks for putting this together. (y)
Thank you, I'm hoping to have a new video next week with a full song with the VII. If I can just nail the solo now lol

The VII definitely feels more like the older Mark amps.

Back