Multi touch screen synthesizer, looking for a manufacturer

Juhn

20240406_120924.png

3.jpg

4.jpg

controller part.jpg

This device is a synthesizer, midi controller, 3D point controller, that I would like to create. With multi touch screen display /fingerboard, which is used both for playing and options, like controlling oscillators and other. This will work in standalone mode as synthesizer, using minimal of function, and together with software (DAW) as 3D point controller or Midi messages. This DAW have another type of audio synthesis, and have a graphical interface, and will use 3Dpoint messages instead of Midi, which is not flexible enough.

This synthesizer will be designed to play independently with 2 hands(like on piano), playing many melodies in same time(till 4), with a different sounds from stored soundset, complete arrangement with different sounds, that will turn playing to real-time, music live performance. This instrument will require advanced playing style, without strings, playing on multi touch screen fingerboard.

There is more detaled pictures on:

with examples about, how sound from soundset can be assigned on fingerboard.

This synthesizer need a new custom multi touch screen display /fingerboard.
At the moment, I'm searching for where to order this fingerboard (for prototype). Need also another parts.
This will use a part of codes, of graphical interface and audio synthesis of DAW, so that both DAW and synthesizer will work in same way.

Last edited:
I honestly doubt you’re going to find leads to a manufacturer on this forum. I would try posting on synth-specific forums or even Reddit.

Thanks Aleksi.

It worth making, for many reasons.
If I succeed to get all required hardware/electronic part for this instrument (or find manufacturer, who can do that), then this instrument will let you create your own musical instrument inside synthesizer (for example fretless, using semitone, graphical.. or just something)

I'm only being realistic here, but I really hope this is a labor of a lot of love and funding because this is going to cost you a lot of money to produce and likely won't sell well. I mean this with all due respect for your vision and creativity.

The biggest hurdle I see is getting people to pick up a new instrument to not only learn, but to have to program first. The majority of MIDI controllers out there mimic hardware instruments that exist: keyboards, drum pads, wind instruments, etc..designs that musicians are already accustomed to. Not so many people playing a sword-shaped thing with keys laid out in a 5x24 grid on the blade and more on the handle.

Best of luck, and yeah we're mostly guitar players. Maybe @Digital Igloo knows someone?

Back