Hotone Pulze bluetooth desktop app

Lysander

Shredder
Not sure if this thing made the rounds here, but Hotone announced a THR competitor just a couple weeks ago: https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/Amplifier/Pulze .

It's 30W with dual 3.5" "FRFR" speakers, a touch-screen interface, plastic enclosure and weights about 4kg. Modeling tech (CDCM HD + FIRE) comes directly from the Ampero line.

Screenshot 2023-10-29 124026.png

Screenshot 2023-10-29 124106.png
Screenshot 2023-10-29 124125.png

Looks kinda cool, ngl. According to Hotone, it will start shipping in November at $419 USD.

I think the expectation is to do most of the editing via the Bluetooth app, but... yeah.

Also, lost opportunity to make all controls sliders and throw Guitar Internet into a hissyfit.
It looks like THR on steroids
Like 46 amps
Honestly at 200 less than a THR 30 for a practice amp it’s a good value

Need more coffee, I thought the subject line said Hotone Puzzle.

UI seems like they missed a marketing opportunity for 5-6 year olds or the infirmed.

Need more coffee, I thought the subject line said Hotone Puzzle.

UI seems like they missed a marketing opportunity for 5-6 year olds or the infirmed.
But if your buying a Bluetooth amplifier I think they would expect you would use the IOS app

It’s like saying I love my iPhone but it could have used a few knobs

It’s for a different market and type of customer than someone who uses something like a black star amp with knobs

We'll see. I actually really like Hotone's amp modeling. I agree, I would have liked knobs on top. Even the volume knob on the front seems fun and quirky at first, but I bet most will wish it was on top.

But the Hotone desktop editor is one of the best in the business IMO. It gives me hope they can pull off a half decent phone app. We'll see.

Nice review, but man does it piss me off when guitar YouTubers claim a demo is "not sponsored" in the same breath mentioning they got an unit for free.

The Pulze really needs knobs IMHO.

Nice review, but man does it piss me off when guitar YouTubers claim a demo is "not sponsored" in the same breath noting they got a unit for free.

I get what you are saying but don’t they often have to return demo units or send them to another reviewer? Maybe depends on the MSRP of the item.

I get what you are saying but don’t they often have to return demo units or send them to another reviewer? Maybe depends on the MSRP of the item.

No, not really. Mooer sent Leo Gibson, a well known gear reviewer, a free unit - what was he going to do with it other than a video?

Last edited:
Very impressed with what Hotone are doing. The touchscreen and UI is very well implemented on the Ampero.
I 100% agree , they are one to watch , the Touchscreen seems to respond better than the NDSP nd Fender stuff .almost phone like , I am watching for it and it almost seems like it never misses or is slow to respond , very good

And the Tones are Really good too IMO, they have the new one coming out the Ampere 2 Stage . will be interesting to see if they have upped the ante on that , price for features is pretty hard to beat

When you have a moment can you demo the Bogner XT red w boost , would love to hear that one and a few of the others hi gainers. 5150
Recto / HBE

Very impressed with what Hotone are doing. The touchscreen and UI is very well implemented on the Ampero.

I really need to try one, because i'm pleasantly surprised every time i hear Ampero clips. Same for NUX, which seems to punch well above its price category.

Back