Misleading conditions when selling something

BROCKSTAR

Roadie
Is it just me, or do others hate this crap lol...

See something on ebay, reverb or somewhere else and person post as "Excellent Condition".

However it looks like they shaved a dog over it, had sex on it, and maybe killed someone with it...

For example I've always been interested in this reverb (it's listed on reverb)... however it scares me that something else may come along with it lol.

uh.jpg

IKR!? I usually vacuum and gently wipe down whatever I'm selling; at the very least.

And I always state: Never used whilst on the toilet.

Is this not a water cooler rant?

Lol same. If I'm selling something I would want it to look good and presentable, make someone want to buy it not be disgusted!

Sorry, it's to do with pedals so I wasn't sure where to post it lol.

Yeah I hate that. I don’t even like selling pedals with velcro because there may be a stray dog hair on there. I get out that goo gone and clean that sucker up spotless.

I don’t like selling gear online unless it’s near mint. Anything that’s not, I sell on craigslist so people can see it firsthand before they hand me the cash and walk away.

I don’t want ANY surprises after the sale.

So I’m turn - I don’t buy anything on reverb or online unless it’s excellent or better condition.

Too many people don’t know what “great” is. Lol.

The rare times I’ve sold stuff I’ve nearly restored it by the time I was done cleaning it.

I mean, technically something can be in mint/near-mint condition and just have some dust or some spillage on it, it just needs to be wiped off. But selling it without doing that is just f*ckin’ lazy.

Yeah, didn't you catch some s**t for selling a pedal with a hair on it, or something? :rolleyes:
It was a long time ago, iirc, but it just made me think of it. (Not busting your balls...)

I think it was a single hair stuck in velcro or something on an otherwise perfect piece of gear :rofl

Yeah I usually try to wipe any dust or fingerprints off any gear I sell and then take good pictures of it. But this seems way more than some people are willing to do.

Most of the time you at most have dual lock still stuck on the bottom.

The pic in OP looks like it would wipe off but still, at least make an effort!

What I find really annoying is when they announce something as "Brand New" but is a scratched and rusted crap soaked in monkey urine

Is it just me, or do others hate this crap lol...

See something on ebay, reverb or somewhere else and person post as "Excellent Condition".

However it looks like they shaved a dog over it, had sex on it, and maybe killed someone with it...

For example I've always been interested in this reverb (it's listed on reverb)... however it scares me that something else may come along with it lol.

View attachment 3615
Just scrolling through my local offerup today and what do I see.... :rofl

Yeah, didn't you catch some s**t for selling a pedal with a hair on it, or something? :rolleyes:
It was a long time ago, iirc, but it just made me think of it. (Not busting your balls...)

Was it this thread? For the record it was a "Cat" Hair, and the pedal sold. :idk

Rock-N-Roll has never been anal-retentive. We have Churches for the "cleanliness is next to Godliness" crowd. :beer

Back