Slightly Risky Purchase Number 2

Ok, the amp actually came. Holy hell, the pretubes were taped to some hefty masking tape!

20230731_120016.jpg

The thing reaks of cigarette smoke and has cigarette burns all over it!

20230731_122506.jpg

Oh, did I mention the bird feed all over in the box? You can see in the first photo?

Should this stuff have been disclosed?

Ok, the amp actually came. Holy hell, the pretubes were taped to some hefty masking tape!

View attachment 9401

View attachment 9402

Oh, did I mention the bird feed all over in the box? You can see in the first photo?

Re: Tolex: I’d try like brass toothbrush- like for gun cleaning… they also make stiff plastic bristles as well … if you’re gonna try to keep it … then maybe liquid shoe polish? Dunno

Last edited:

View attachment 9401

View attachment 9402

The burns absolutely. The smell, imo, absolutely. An amp, new in box with all paper work but smells strongly enough that it stinks up a room surely can’t be listed as mint. However, I think @JiveTurkey has some experience trying to dispute condition based on smoke smell and it didn’t go well?

I bought a hot rod deville which stank of smoke. I had to throw the cover away and even after cleaning it from top to bottom it took months for the smell to disappear. I though it had gone after a few weeks but once it was on and heated up a bit the smell kept coming back.

The burns absolutely. The smell, imo, absolutely. An amp, new in box with all paper work but smells strongly enough that it stinks up a room surely can’t be listed as mint. However, I think @JiveTurkey has some experience trying to dispute condition based on smoke smell and it didn’t go well?
I did not. I can't remember who on here had something with that issue?

Re: Tolex: I’d try like brass toothbrush- like for gun cleaning… they also make stiff plastic bristles as well … if you’re gonna try to keep it … then maybe liquid shoe polish? Dunno
Haha, yeah, she would look better with an afro haha

The carpet is pretty bad looking.

I bought a hot rod deville which stank of smoke. I had to throw the cover away and even after cleaning it from top to bottom it took months for the smell to disappear. I though it had gone after a few weeks but once it was on and heated up a bit the smell kept coming back.
Just went out to get the kids some school clothes, came back and the whole house now smells like it.

Haha! Nice! :banana

I have 2 of those in the 100 watt format. $150 each from Guitar Center decades ago.

God damn they are fooking ugly. They do sound great! :idk
I have to say the amp rips!

How do you change channel 2 gain 1 to 2?

Last edited:
I have to say the amp rips!

How do you change channel 2 gain 1 to 2?

Unfortunately, you need the Footswitch to do that. Kind of like some of the Peaveys---where you
can only access all the features via a FS, and not accessible by the controls on the front or rear panel. :brick

It's an amp that keeps on giving...... er, I mean, taking. :LOL:

It does rip. I think they sound absolutely amazing. :beer

Unfortunately, you need the Footswitch to do that. Kind of like some of the Peaveys---where you
can only access all the features via a FS, and not accessible by the controls on the front or rear panel. :brick

It's an amp that keeps on giving...... er, I mean, taking. :LOL:

It does rip. I think they sound absolutely amazing. :beer
I have plenty of foot switches. Hopefully one will work.

There is no standby obviously but does yours have a similar auto function when you unplug the guitar cable?

As I recall it was some kind of funny orientation for the FS. I believe you need 2 different leads. One
was a TS and the other a TRS. :idk

Not sure what you mean by "auto function."

Back