Mini sized reverb pedals?

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
I’m deeply in love with my 5153 and it is going to be my standard gigging amp moving forward. However this means that reverb is a must. Have keeley Omni that sounds amazing but I don’t have real estate for that pedal on my gigging board unfortunately so mini is a must. I have the donner square verb which is the right size but I think it sounds bad

Any mini sized always on reverb recommendations? Seems to be a limited market. It’s totally unreasonable but TC electronics give me the ick so the mini HoF is out. Anything else cool out there?

Althoigh listening to demos HoF actually sounds pretty good and while I don’t understand the tone print thing I’m certainly intrigued, so maybe I should stop being a lil bitch :rofl

I got nothin.

But I'm wondering why you'd want any effect 'always on.' I mean, I get wanting a little wetness to your tone, but even then, aren't there times when you'd not want that in a section of a song, to emphasize a certain "tightness/dry sound"?

I love a touch of delay most always. But right now I'm practicing a riff that bounces between the open Low B, and syncopated notes centered around the octave, and I just now turned off the delay (even though the mix was set quite low), and it did wonders for not only tightening up the riff, but also showing me that my timing needs work. I know that riff will sound 1000x's better with nothing coloring the tone. I also nixed the chorus, which I'm also guilty of using too often. :sofa

So, honest question...

One Control Prussian Blue Reverb.

1697150565306.png

MXR M300?

Looks cool but appears to be too big :cry:
I got nothin.

But I'm wondering why you'd want any effect 'always on.' I mean, I get wanting a little wetness to your tone, but even then, aren't there times when you'd not want that in a section of a song, to emphasize a certain "tightness/dry sound"?

I love a touch of delay most always. But right now I'm practicing a riff that bounces between the open Low B, and syncopated notes centered around the octave, and I just now turned off the delay (even though the mix was set quite low), and it did wonders for not only tightening up the riff, but also showing me that my timing needs work. I know that riff will sound 1000x's better with nothing coloring the tone. I also nixed the chorus, which I'm also guilty of using too often. :sofa

So, honest question...

Cleans sound dull to me without a least a touch of verb, and despite my collection and use of high gain amps and always waxing poetic about “brutality” I’m playing clean about 70%+ of the time with my band lol.

With gained out stuff I’m fine with no reverb, but I got my priorities. I really appreciate the separate reverb levels for each channel on my roadster, I use a much higher level on the clean channel and on channel 4 it’s only slightly on

Can always switch it off for situations you describe tho ;) but reverb tends to stay on for me

View attachment 11859

Looks cool, will scope some clips

Althoigh listening to demos HoF actually sounds pretty good and while I don’t understand the tone print thing I’m certainly intrigued, so maybe I should stop being a lil bitch :rofl

I used an HOF 2. I don't hate it. :idk

The Mini doesn't have all the features of the full size HOF, but you can audition and load
specific Reverbs/Toneprints via the website and a USB connection.

If it's set and forget the HOF mini would be a good first pick. Otherwise you're looking in the land of Mooer and what not.

What board do you have now?

View attachment 11859

You can put a battery in that tiny thing?
That's crazy.

I have the Tone City Tiny Spring (one knob, supposedly Belton brick based circuit), and although it does the job, I wouldn't recommend it, unless it's for a cheapo backup board.

Although build quality is good, it's the sound I'm not a big fan of. There's something that sounds artificial, even hints of modulation, that shouldn't be there in a spring sound.

Also, there's a significant jump in volume when turned on, even at very low mix settings. Hence, imho using it between pre and power amp isn't an option, unless you're looking for an always-on thing.

Rather meh, I'd say. I'm sure there's better cheap Chinese mini reverbs out there. Did someone say Mooer? 😁

EDIT: I see lots of "although"/"unless"/"wouldn't"/"shouldn't" in my post. Nah, this is definitely not a good pedal.

I don’t own one but have heard good things about this one,

Mr. Black Mini Reverb:

HOF is very good, I used to have the v1. Spring reverb can sound a bit metallic, the others are all very good. There’s a toneprint done by a famous artist (John Mayer? But I may be wrong) that uses a plate reverb to emulate a spring; that one’s awesome.

I used the donner turd at a show on saturday, it actually didn't sound nearly as bad as I remembered it sounding at the beginning of the year when I used it at a show with my ENGL :sofa

I used the donner turd at a show on saturday, it actually didn't sound nearly as bad as I remembered it sounding at the beginning of the year when I used it at a show with my ENGL :sofa

The HoF mini is fantastic for what you want to do. Use the app and you can customize it quite a bit to be exactly what you want and you can make it cover a lot more ground than you might think. You can dial it in however you want and it gives you a lot of control, and then you can assign multiple parameters (3-5?) to the knob on different slopes across like 5 points on the dial. So…. You could use that one knob to transition across 5 very different variations of the reverb sound if you want to. Or… dial it in just how you like it and never touch it.

D

Back