Ironman II Mini - it's pretty good!

It was a few years ago, but pretty certain it was the II. My experience with it was NOT subtle. It wasn't like "oh, there seems to be a little tone suck here" but really dramatic like "who turned the gain knob from 3 to 6?!?". So maybe there was just a fault or something weird about how that specific amp interacted with it. Glad it's working well, because there is nothing more fun than just plugging into a Princeton and playing!!
Can I say add the usual gear-flipper/end user doing it wrong caveats towards myself...

...but I find these baked in tools, at least on the amps I have currently; leave much to be desired. From my BL cabclone going bad intermittently to the weird preamp level jumps in the VII. As well as my JFC I am clipping my interface input just looking at the VII level knob issue. I think progress is good but we are still at 10lbs of sh!t in what should be a KILLER keep it at 5lb bucket ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I used the DI to make some amp profiles for a Kemper years back and it works great!

Oh that's interesting. I read that some people didn't like the DI at all. Encouraging. I have still yet to try it.

I suspect that the quality of results is dependent on how much of a real speaker load is retained in the signal (i.e. not attenuated down to almost nothing).

Back