Might've just went Full Turbo™

On a side note, the FM9 screen is completely useless live. Such small print on the scene names and so much wasted space. Slapping on a display meant for a rack device on a floor unit is pretty silly.
OMG Fractal hater!!!! :rofl

Watch out TS…. They’ll be coming for you.

Okay, off topic but hot damn that is a killer Ayotte drum set. I always wanted one of those because I was a huge fan of Matt Cameron, Jeremy Taggart, Will Goldsmith, and others who had them.

It's a shame the really nice house we bought has so little extra space and such thin walls. Would love to have a full drum kit again.

Okay, off topic but hot damn that is a killer Ayotte drum set. I always wanted one of those because I was a huge fan of Matt Cameron, Jeremy Taggart, Will Goldsmith, and others who had them.

It's a shame the really nice house we bought has so little extra space and such thin walls. Would love to have a full drum kit again.

I'll pass that on, thanks! Our drummer will love that. :beer

(He did tell me I should wait until the cymbals were up to take a pic… :D)

I'll pass that on, thanks! Our drummer will love that. :beer

(He did tell me I should wait until the cymbals were up to take a pic… :D)

Drummers and cymbals. Don't ask me how I know.

polish.gif

On a side note, the FM9 screen is completely useless live. Such small print on the scene names and so much wasted space. Slapping on a display meant for a rack device on a floor unit is pretty silly.
As it goes, is there anything else to watch out for with the FM9? I'm thinking about one to replace my Helix.

The Helix scribble strips are completely useless to me; I can't read them without my glasses on, and I try not to wear glasses when we play live coz it ruins the sex appeal.

I'm stoked to be finally getting my ZenRigs covers for the FM9 today. Bought them back in September and the package is now waiting at the post office.

2930000963.jpg

Well these things are SUPER easy to break. :(

Was putting them on and both right-hand side black frames snapped with very little pressure.

I put on the clear-screen part first and then the black frame over/around it. Looking at his video now, I guess it's supposed to be the other way around. However, that's not indicated on the packaging at all.

The very slight pressure of my thumb on the side of the black frame, with the corner of the screen cover under it, seems to have snapped it. Happened with both of them, as I didn't notice it had happened until doing the second one.

Paying $100+, waiting two months, having them shipped from the UK to Canada, and then this happening in the first 5 seconds… :brick:rofl I've sent him an email, we'll see how it goes.

519B21A6-D118-4957-8624-1A72B8C5DF85.jpeg

Last edited:
As it goes, is there anything else to watch out for with the FM9? I'm thinking about one to replace my Helix.

The Helix scribble strips are completely useless to me; I can't read them without my glasses on, and I try not to wear glasses when we play live coz it ruins the sex appeal.

Haha, yes I'm new to wearing glasses and they are annoying when gigging, having to push them back up all the time, etc. However if Rivers Cuomo can be sexy with them, maybe we can too? :rofl

Rivers Cuomo Coffee GIF

I'd say nothing else to worry about with the FM9. There is potential for ground loops, as I have a nasty one at home with it, when used in 4cm, but the Morley Hum X solved that. And it doesn't happen at our rehearsal space, just at home.

Was putting them on and both right-hand side black frames snapped with very little pressure.

I put on the clear-screen part first and then the black frame over/around it. Looking at his video now, I guess it's supposed to be the other way around. However, that's not indicated on the packaging at all.

The very slight pressure of my thumb on the side of the black frame, with the corner of the screen cover under it, seems to have snapped it. Happened with both of them, as I didn't notice it had happened until doing the second one.

Paying $100+, waiting two months, having them shipped from the UK to Canada, and then this happening in the first 5 seconds… :brick:rofl I've sent him an email, we'll see how it goes.

View attachment 2407
Yikes - that sucks.

View attachment 2410

The main thing I’m concerned with is the big screen, so I just grabbed one of these from a seller on Reverb. Arrived in a week or so, and sticks on easily and can be removed with no residue. I’m not so worried about the scribble strips…

Yes, good point. I’m not super-worried about the scribble strips either.

But I do wrap my 4cm cables in with the FM9 in the PT case, and they’re a homemade snake with zip ties, so I don’t want those, or the plug ends of the cables, to scratch the screens.

Yes, good point. I’m not super-worried about the scribble strips either.

But I do wrap my 4cm cables in with the FM9 in the PT case, and they’re a homemade snake with zip ties, so I don’t want those, or the plug ends of the cables, to scratch the screens.
That’s a good point. I carried my Stomp in a gig bag, that had dividers, and swore I kept it alone in a divider by itself, protected with a rag, and somehow a cable end snuck over and scratched the screen. Ticked me off! So after that, I got a large smartphone screen protector and cut it to size to put on the screen. Certainly don’t want any scratches on the FM9.

View attachment 2407

The other possibility is that this happened during shipping, as they weren’t packed super well. Little bit of bubble wrap in a thin cardboard-folder type package with a “fragile” sticker on it.

Even as I was taking them out, I was thinking, “ok these things are marked fragile, feel fragile, and they’re supposed to protect the brick sh*thouse FM9?“ :grin

Back