Meris LVX

Sounds awesome, but my fear buying that:

giphy.gif

This looks cool, I’ll have to watch the full vid tonight. I’m currently on the hunt for a delay for my relapse rig and holy fuck there are a ton of options out now. The last time I was even looking at delay pedals you had the DD-7 and DL4 for the top runners of ‘the best’!

This looks cool, I’ll have to watch the full vid tonight. I’m currently on the hunt for a delay for my relapse rig and holy f**k there are a ton of options out now. The last time I was even looking at delay pedals you had the DD-7 and DL4 for the top runners of ‘the best’!
Can't go wrong with Strymon stuff too. The new v.2 pedals are f'ing legit.

Can't go wrong with Strymon stuff too. The new v.2 pedals are f'ing legit.

They’re on the list as well. Whatever I end up with, it’ll most likely need a MIDI In so I can make presets with a loop switcher and not worry about tweaking the same pedal throughout a set…..or while I’m sitting on the couch and don’t want to bend my fat ass over.

giphy.gif

I was worried about the complexity of the LVX UI, but Stefan Fast of ThePedalZone put out a really great YT video on the LVX which made it easier to understand and get a handle on. Worth a watch.

They’re on the list as well. Whatever I end up with, it’ll most likely need a MIDI In so I can make presets with a loop switcher and not worry about tweaking the same pedal throughout a set…..or while I’m sitting on the couch and don’t want to bend my fat ass over.
The new ones have that, though they require 1/4" fuckery.

I was worried about the complexity of the LVX UI, but Stefan Fast of ThePedalZone put out a really great YT video on the LVX which made it easier to understand and get a handle on. Worth a watch.

Yeah his vid is what piqued my interest in it.

Easy enough to get good tones, but lots of tweaking if so inclined.

They appear to be shipping now, so it will be interesting to see the initial opinions from normies.

I can't find answers to these questions.

1. Can I have a forwards digital delay and a reverse delay at the same time, sync'd to one another?
2. Do I get full spillover capabilities when switching presets?
3. Can I put an EQ into the feedback loop?
4. Can I put a distortion into the feedback loop?
5. Can I put the limiter into the feedback loop?
6. Can I do all three of those all at once?

I can't find answers to these questions.

1. Can I have a forwards digital delay and a reverse delay at the same time, sync'd to one another?
2. Do I get full spillover capabilities when switching presets?
3. Can I put an EQ into the feedback loop?
4. Can I put a distortion into the feedback loop?
5. Can I put the limiter into the feedback loop?
6. Can I do all three of those all at once?
Your are a delay NUT. Love it!

Meris is so damn good its insane. Sound wise I am all for it, but the technical level these pedals today is just mind-blowing. I am really truly afraid of things like that. Option paralysis is my worst enemy so for my own good I stay clear of the advanced pedals. But I secretly admire them... especially Meris. At least I have some Meris'ness in my Stomp :p

Meris is so damn good its insane. Sound wise I am all for it, but the technical level these pedals today is just mind-blowing. I am really truly afraid of things like that. Option paralysis is my worst enemy so for my own good I stay clear of the advanced pedals. But I secretly admire them... especially Meris. At least I have some Meris'ness in my Stomp :p
100% :oops:

Also; you made it! :beer

giphy.gif
They swear it’s really easy to use this time cus the UI’s supposedly friggin amazing, but… if nothing else the UI looks very tacky, especially juxtaposed to their big budget promo cgi stuff.

In that first batch order, supposed to receive it today.

They swear it’s really easy to use this time cus the UI’s supposedly friggin amazing, but… if nothing else the UI looks very tacky, especially juxtaposed to their big budget promo cgi stuff.

In that first batch order, supposed to receive it today.
The UI’s good and makes it pretty easy to use, but… the sounds are hard to use. The presets alternate from basic delays to “here’s a pitch shifted, grainy distorted, randomized tempo trem delay, have fun!” You kinda hit one note and see what it does, and it’ll give you something unique.

It’s not really a playing pedal and more of a recording pedal IMO, if that makes sense. It ain’t for me! Posted it for a premium on Reverb last night and woke up to it sold.

Here’s some miscellaneous stuff I really liked.
- It allows delay spillover going from preset to preset.
- Looper works great! And you can switch presets while looping to layer different textures, easily build a whole soundscape from just this one pedal. Lots of “weird sounding” presets become usable for this.
- Power up time is basically immediate. No booting screen or waiting, which is unexpected from a pedal with a screen.

So I did a bit more research... it does all the effecty stuff I would want. But... you can't run a reverse delay and a forwards delay at the same time.

Something I can do with two £100 Boss pedals, and I can't do it with a £600 Meris pedal??

OK MATE.

I dunno man.... this company has just never hit the mark for me. I've tried, I really have. I just don't like their products very much.

So I did a bit more research... it does all the effecty stuff I would want. But... you can't run a reverse delay and a forwards delay at the same time.

Something I can do with two £100 Boss pedals, and I can't do it with a £600 Meris pedal??

OK MATE.

I dunno man.... this company has just never hit the mark for me. I've tried, I really have. I just don't like their products very much.
Mercury 7?

Mercury 7?
Yeah I had one for a bit. TBH, I found it quite unintuitive, didn't really rate the pitch stuff in there, and overall preferred the Ventris, BigSky, MXR reverb. And to go further, I think I'd take a Hall of Fame and a Boss RV-5 stacked over the M7!!!

I had a Hedra for a while too. It couldn't do the extreeeeemmmmeeelllyyy slow pitch bends that I like to do; not without sounding stepped and quantized. For my use case, it was just nasty. :-/

Back