Meris MercuryX + LVX AKA pedals are still cool!

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord

Pedals are still cool. Two pedals, and you can get a huge sound like that.

I love multi-fx, but to get comparable results, takes a bit more work. I'm sure I could get a similar thing on the Axe FX III. Although the Axe FX III is lacking some glitchy delays in order to really get the job done.

IMO, as modelers begin to even out feature-set wise, this is one of the many things that will set different future iterations apart. Modelers can only get so “accurate.” It’s the UE that will set them all apart.
Yeah definitely.

Take the Axe FX for instance. Even if you string together a delay, a megatap delay, and a huge reverb, to roughly approximate the above tone..... getting that into multiple patches so you can have them at the touch of a switch.... and doing it quickly and easy in a rehearsal situation..... there's definite UX concerns there that make it more difficult than it should be really.

Yeah definitely.

Take the Axe FX for instance. Even if you string together a delay, a megatap delay, and a huge reverb, to roughly approximate the above tone..... getting that into multiple patches so you can have them at the touch of a switch.... and doing it quickly and easy in a rehearsal situation..... there's definite UX concerns there that make it more difficult than it should be really.
Menu-diving might be fine for most people, but nothing has replaced the experience of having a pedal with physical knobs that you can just grab and twist.

That’s one of the things I loved about the AX8. Yes, we have performance pages on current models, but I loved having dedicated knobs assigned to specific parameters.

If I were Fractal, Line6, or any of the major players, I’d be allocating a large portion of resources to hiring somebody to figure all of this out. All of these units share similar “DNA” in regard to UE. Setting themselves apart and giving the user a “holy shit this is extremely intuitive” experience is the killer app IMO. A touchscreen won’t get you there, because you’re only giving the user a version of the desktop/mobile editor.

Side note: it’s 2024, where’s the mobile editor @FractalAudio and @Digital Igloo?

USB dongles are dirt cheap these days.

Tell you what else....

I'm gonna have to renege on what I said about the Timeline and BigSky not being beaten. Meris have done it.

<ducks>

Little extra blips and bloops are so nice, sounds good!

Weird transient thing at 0:40 and 1:25?

Back