Marshall Amps

Ya gotta wonder the pressure these guys end up putting themselves under to keep the new content flow going.
How many high gain amp demos can you do where you have to look all fresh and excited the entire time.

- GOD, I love this new amp by XXXX.
- Today, let's compare XXX vs XXXX.
- XXXX: Amps I'll never sell.
- Should I sell XXXX?
- Today, let's blend XXXX with XXX in a mix.
etc.

Wonder how long it takes before it starts becoming a chore to keep your channel in high rotation month after month.
And some of the top channels have been on the air for a number of years now! :oops:

Maybe best not to take every single video as some sort of set in stone gospel that requires rebuttal?
It's the Metallica problem. If you want to play something different (Metallica during Black album/Load/Reload) you get called a sellout, has-been, lost your way etc. If you play the same thing you are known for, you get called out for doing the same thing over and over. No way to win.

Similarly YouTubers can end up painting themselves in the corner if they are "that guy who tries out high gain amps" for example. If they want to do something different they risk alienating their viewers. At the same time YT pushes them to make content constantly or they risk not showing up in suggestions so can't grow their channel. That can mean the content quality suffers if you can't think of interesting stuff to do every week.

Back