M-Vave Tank-G | 60€ pedal with AI-based amp capture

That's neat! Although doing an A/B without a cab/sim made me cringe haha. Will be interesting to see more

That's neat! Although doing an A/B without a cab/sim made me cringe haha. Will be interesting to see more
Yeah, they could have also made a better routing for the comparison, cuz I think there's some difference between the model and the pedals due to the input impedance of the pedals (I hear a bit of tone-suck).

Did you take a look at their white-paper? Cuz they say their approach is sort of a hybrid between Wavenet and LSTM which should result in a method that has the best of both, but there are not a lot of details about it in the paper

PS: at that price I'm tempted to buy it just to test it and make a video about it 😅

Yeah, they could have also made a better routing for the comparison, cuz I think there's some difference between the model and the pedals due to the input impedance of the pedals (I hear a bit of tone-suck).

Did you take a look at their white-paper? Cuz they say their approach is sort of a hybrid between Wavenet and LSTM which should result in a method that has the best of both, but there are not a lot of details about it in the paper

PS: at that price I'm tempted to buy it just to test it and make a video about it 😅

Haven't read yet but I'm gonna guess based on the price that it can't possibly be strong enough DSP to match tonex/NAM. However, I'd love to be wrong!

I read the paper, and there isn't much information there other than stating that it is a new custom network architecture.

It is certainly plausible that they've come up with an architecture that has better quality/CPU tradeoffs for lower powered systems than either LSTM models or small wavenet models.

It would be great if they would make their training code public. It would probably benefit them in the long run, as I don't think they'll get much traction with their own proprietary format.

Back