Luminite Graviton M1 MIDI Controller

Is there any chance of 2 way communication with Kempers on the roadmap? (Tuner/stompstatus/presernames)
Would be a great unit to go with their player…personally I’m gonna use with a toaster. Not having the tuner in sight is the biggest compromise atm compared to using their own remote.

Ok tried 4.1.7. I had to swap the labels down by one, e.g ch3 -> ch2 to get them aligned again.

The "Labels only" toggle doesn't seem to do anything. It shows up as enabled but I cannot toggle it back to show the "non-mapped" CCs.

Found the bugs for both (only happen in some cases). Both should be fixed in 4.1.8 (uploaded)

Last edited:
Apologies if I missed it but is there a way to offset program numbers to account for the fact that some processors start at 0 while others start at 1?
Thanks.

Is there any chance of 2 way communication with Kempers on the roadmap? (Tuner/stompstatus/presernames)
Would be a great unit to go with their player…personally I’m gonna use with a toaster. Not having the tuner in sight is the biggest compromise atm compared to using their own remote.
Yes it's possible (with SysEx). There is some information in the Kemper manual page 35, but if you have more information it would be a great help !

Nope, still can't disable "Labels only" in 4.1.8.
Hmm I can't replicate this on mine. Can you try again with 4.1.9. If it still persists, can you send a video ?

Apologies if I missed it but is there a way to offset program numbers to account for the fact that some processors start at 0 while others start at 1?
Thanks.
Not yet, but adding an option starting from 1 should be easy. I'll add this to the list !

Hmm I can't replicate this on mine. Can you try again with 4.1.9. If it still persists, can you send a video ?
Video wouldn't help much as it would be just me tapping the Labels only toggle and nothing happening. For me it remains stuck on enabled, on every channel. I believe it got set on enabled without me selecting it right from the firmware that introduced the feature.

Things I tried:
  • Rebooting once more after fw update to 4.1.9.
  • Toggling MIDI Editor from "List" to "Block" in Settings.
  • Picking a channel with no mappings. It should not let you select the "Labels only" option in this case before you add at least one mapping.
  • Using keypad to select an unlabeled CC and then adding a label for it.
  • PC vs CC. Same behavior.
  • Adding a new PC or CC to an empty preset.
Found another small bug maybe: The play icon is shown on the Encoder edit view and probably should not be.

In any case, this is kind of a reason why I asked at some point if the backup format was something human readable. If my data is somehow corrupt, then it's going to be a pain in the ass to manually type in the CC/PC labels for 9 different devices. If the backup format was some JSON or XML I could edit, then I could correct the issue on my computer, reset the unit and import data again.

Last edited:
Video wouldn't help much as it would be just me tapping the Labels only toggle. For me it remains stuck on enabled, on every channel. I believe it got set on enabled without me selecting it right from the firmware that introduced the feature.

Things I tried:
  • Rebooting once more after fw update to 4.1.9.
  • Toggling MIDI Editor from "List" to "Block" in Settings.
  • Picking a channel with no mappings. It should not let you select the "Labels only" option in this case before you add at least one mapping.
  • Using keypad to select an unlabeled CC and then adding a label for it.
  • PC vs CC. Same behavior.
  • Adding a new PC or CC to an empty preset.
Found another small bug maybe: The play icon is shown on the Encoder edit view and probably should not be.

In any case, this is kind of a reason why I asked at some point if the backup format was something human readable. If my data is somehow corrupt, then it's going to be a pain in the ass to manually type in the CC/PC labels for 9 different devices. If the backup format was some JSON or XML I could edit, then I could correct the issue on my computer, reset the unit and import data again.

Yes a PC editor app / browser for editing backup files is coming, for editing Presets / SysEx / Songs / Setlists / Labels etc (or swapping parts you want between files)

I'm also adding a new reset option in 4.2.0, for resetting all settings to default, while keeping all Presets / Labels / etc untouched. Should be ready soonish !

Last edited:

Graviton M1 / M2 4.2.0 Software Update​

New Features:​

• Toggling with Auto-Reset: Always reset back to On when switching away. And only start toggling On / Off after the first tap.
  • Quick Block and List Layout: switching button in MIDI Editor.
  • Custom USB Device Name: Useful for multiple Graviton M1/M2 setup connecting over USB Hub.
  • Swap Labels: Swap all Labels between Channels with one tap.
  • Show Labels Only: View important parameters only.
  • Rapid Tapping: (Settings > TRS > Type) high speed wired footswitches reading at slightly slower display update.
  • Reset Settings and Reset All: Useful for fixing some bugs.

Bug Fixes:​

• Fixed Channel 16 Labels bug, may need manual Labels swapping from user (from Channel N to Channel N-1)
  • Fixed: List Layout for MIDI Tracking screen.

User Manual:​

Luminite Graviton M1 / M2 User Manual 4.1.0

How to Update:​

• Go to Settings > Update > Follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The update process typically takes 2-3 minutes. If it hangs up or takes longer than that, tap cancel or power cycle the device and try again.

Picking a channel with no mappings. It should not let you select the "Labels only" option in this case before you add at least one mapping.
This check was implemented in 4.2.0, and will switch off "Labels Only" if there are none. Let me know if this fix the bug ?

Last edited:
This check was implemented in 4.2.0, and will switch off "Labels Only" if there are none. Let me know if this fix the bug ?
Yeah this solved it. "Labels only" would not work until I went to an empty channel, then it was able to toggle the button and after that it seems to work as expected everywhere.

The Block/List layout toggle is also very welcome, but I'd recommend keeping the List view's tighter button spacing for the bottom controls so that the appearance of the Page button in List view does not shift the controls around.

The action labels should also be reversed. IMO it should say "List layout" when in Block layout and vice versa. Basically meaning "go to List Layout" instead of what the current layout is.

The Block/List layout toggle is also very welcome, but I'd recommend keeping the List view's tighter button spacing for the bottom controls so that the appearance of the Page button in List view does not shift the controls around.
The action labels should also be reversed. IMO it should say "List layout" when in Block layout and vice versa. Basically meaning "go to List Layout" instead of what the current layout is.
Yep makes sense, fixed in 4.2.1 !

Yep makes sense, fixed in 4.2.1 !
Updated to 4.2.1 and now it's stuck in a weird boot loop where it restarts, shows the splash screen, then goes to the update software page where about 2/3 of the left part of the screen goes dark blue, then repeats over and over. If i'm quick, I can tap the screen and get to another menu, but it goes right back to the update software screen and the boot loop starts again. I turned the power off to it and then turned it back on, and it continues to do the same thing. None of the footswitches on the FW10 work while it's doing this. I did a hard reset and it wiped all my settings and presets and put it back to firmware 4.0.1. Ugh.

I updated to 4.2.1 again, everything was fine...until....I set the USB to Host. As soon as I did that, same boot loop started.

Last edited:
Updated to 4.2.1 and now it's stuck in a weird boot loop where it restarts, shows the splash screen, then goes to the update software page where about 2/3 of the left part of the screen goes dark blue, then repeats over and over. If i'm quick, I can tap the screen and get to another menu, but it goes right back to the update software screen and the boot loop starts again. I turned the power off to it and then turned it back on, and it continues to do the same thing. None of the footswitches on the FW10 work while it's doing this. I did a hard reset and it wiped all my settings and presets and put it back to firmware 4.0.1. Ugh.

I updated to 4.2.1 again, everything was fine...until....I set the USB to Host. As soon as I did that, same boot loop started.

Fixed now with 4.2.2 (uploaded). Sorry for that !
This bug was introduced from 4.1.9 (2 days ago). It happens when USB Host Mode is activated.
I will slow down and test everything more carefully. And add Beta and Stable update options.

Last edited:
Toggling with Auto-Reset: Always reset back to On when switching away. And only start toggling On / Off after the first tap.
Is this optional…else I’m afraid my setup gets messed up ;)

I know it was at my request..but I’m afraid, thinking this thru again..it introduces another issue.
purpose was..when I use a preset as a “stompbox” toggle only…when I leave it to and select another actual preset…the stompbox resets.
Problem is…I use 5 presets as stompbox switches…so if I’m correct…when I select this option…I no longer have the option to, for example, turn 2 stomps on. Sorry about this realization after the fact ;)

In my mind…functionality to use switches to toggle stomp boxes, and track their status while switching presets …is still on the wishlist.

Everything works as expected again. Thanks for the quick turnaround!
Well...now I'm back to the previous behavior from a few versions ago where it won't switch the IR-X via USB the way I have it set. When I press the play button in the block for the IR-X, it works as expected. When I switch presets, it very briefly flashes the other channel on the IR-X and then goes to Channel 2 with the boost activated. If I go to preset 2, which I have set to Channel 2 on the IR-X with no boost, the boost light on the IR-X blinks but stays on. When I try to switch back to preset one, the Channel 1 light blinks but it stays on Channel 2 with the boost on.. I have preset 3 set to switch the IR-X to Channel 2 with the boost on, and when I choose preset 3, it stays on Channel 2 with the boost on, with no lights blinking.

I had the IR-X block first in the chain, and have a 10ms pause right after it. I tried moving the block further along in the chain with a 10ms pause before it, and get the same behavior. Prior to these last couple updates, it worked fine with the pause before it.

Is this optional…else I’m afraid my setup gets messed up ;)

I know it was at my request..but I’m afraid, thinking this thru again..it introduces another issue.
purpose was..when I use a preset as a “stompbox” toggle only…when I leave it to and select another actual preset…the stompbox resets.
Problem is…I use 5 presets as stompbox switches…so if I’m correct…when I select this option…I no longer have the option to, for example, turn 2 stomps on. Sorry about this realization after the fact ;)

Yes this is a new option. And its per-preset, not global. You can have both “stompbox” for some presets and “auto-reset” toggling for others.

In my mind…functionality to use switches to toggle stomp boxes, and track their status while switching presets …is still on the wishlist.

You can also try the MIDI Tracking feature ? It can display the statuses of the stomp-boxes you want in one screen, while preset switching happens in the background.

Last edited:
Well...now I'm back to the previous behavior from a few versions ago where it won't switch the IR-X via USB the way I have it set. When I press the play button in the block for the IR-X, it works as expected. When I switch presets, it very briefly flashes the other channel on the IR-X and then goes to Channel 2 with the boost activated. If I go to preset 2, which I have set to Channel 2 on the IR-X with no boost, the boost light on the IR-X blinks but stays on. When I try to switch back to preset one, the Channel 1 light blinks but it stays on Channel 2 with the boost on.. I have preset 3 set to switch the IR-X to Channel 2 with the boost on, and when I choose preset 3, it stays on Channel 2 with the boost on, with no lights blinking.

I had the IR-X block first in the chain, and have a 10ms pause right after it. I tried moving the block further along in the chain with a 10ms pause before it, and get the same behavior. Prior to these last couple updates, it worked fine with the pause before it.

Hmm I haven't changed anything related to that since. But 10ms seems a bit short ? The default time is 30ms. Can you try increasing it to 100ms and see if it works ?

Also check if any Toogling On / Momentary On is enabled by accident ?

Last edited:
Hmm I haven't changed anything related to that since. But 10ms seems a bit short ? The default time is 30ms. Can you try increasing it to 100ms and see if it works ?

Also check if any Toogling On / Momentary On is enabled by accident ?
I set them all to 100ms and it's still doing the same thing. Toggling and momentary are all set to off.

You mind

You mind trying again with the same presets, but with a 5-pin MIDI cable to the IR-X instead ?
That works as expected. The same thing happened the previous time before you added pauses. Then it worked flawlessly with the pauses via USB. I had the pauses set to 10ms the entire time up until now with zero issues.

Back