Luminite Graviton M1 MIDI Controller

That works as expected. The same thing happened the previous time before you added pauses. Then it worked flawlessly with the pauses via USB. I had the pauses set to 10ms the entire time up until now with zero issues.

I see. I’ll try to fix this asap. To confirm: sending a single MIDI messages to IR-X works (over USB Host) . Sending multiple messages to other devices as well at once, will lead to unexpected behavior on the IR-X like before ? Wherever there are Pauses between them or not and no matter how long the Pauses are ?

I see. I’ll try to fix this asap. To confirm: sending a single MIDI messages to IR-X works (over USB Host) . Sending multiple messages to other devices as well at once, will lead to unexpected behavior on the IR-X like before ? Wherever there are Pauses between them or not and no matter how long the Pauses are ?
Correct to all questions.

Feature request:
It would be very helpful to have some visual feedback on where exp pedals / EC controllers are at. Example: I have my delay level under an EC knob…the only way to tell how much delay there is…is to make sound...which is cool at a bar gig…but not when you need to be quite and be spot on from note 1.

I could imagine that “on change“ of a value controlled by expression/EC, a screen pops up for a few seconds showing the value, and the name the user has given to the CC.

I was thinking this today as well since I've been trying to get the expression pedal to work on my PCM81. I got it working but I am running into this same issue. It would be nice to have some visual indication of the pedal position. What would be really nice is to have a little screen under each button on the F10 footswitch box whose message can be programmed. I know that would add considerable expense and programming but it sure would be nice.

Feature request:
It would be very helpful to have some visual feedback on where exp pedals / EC controllers are at. Example: I have my delay level under an EC knob…the only way to tell how much delay there is…is to make sound...which is cool at a bar gig…but not when you need to be quite and be spot on from note 1.

I could imagine that “on change“ of a value controlled by expression/EC, a screen pops up for a few seconds showing the value, and the name the user has given to the CC.

I was thinking this today as well since I've been trying to get the expression pedal to work on my PCM81. I got it working but I am running into this same issue. It would be nice to have some visual indication of the pedal position.

You meant for the Live view right ? As there are feedback (sliders or numbers) for each parameters in the MIDI Editor and MIDI Tracking view.
Popup sliders / value feedback in Live view sounds cool. I'll add it into the plan.

What would be really nice is to have a little screen under each button on the F10 footswitch box whose message can be programmed. I know that would add considerable expense and programming but it sure would be nice.

Yeah its possible, but will have a much much shorter battery life / or plugged in only. Plus probably cost double what its is now :unsure:

has anyone tested this devices on Monome's Norns yet?
I'm ready to order my M2 plus controllers, but I need to know this first.
thank you

has anyone tested this devices on Monome's Norns yet?
I'm ready to order my M2 plus controllers, but I need to know this first.
thank you
What kind of MIDI interfaces does the Norns have ? Serial MIDI / USB Device / USB Host ?

combine.png
index.png
https://www.colortab.org/Graviton/ Index to tools

I have created a set of web based tools for editing and combining parts of backup files for the Graviton M1 and M2 models. I hope they are self explanatory for the advanced user. I did this to make it possible to collect and transfer portions of backup files so that they can be quickly combined and edited. Open source MIT license, do what you want with them.

just wanted to follow up here - my initial experience with the Graviton M1 was a little sketchy, as apparently my XY controller had a bad battery that wouldn’t hold an adequate charge. I was shipped a replacement controller (thanks!) but things got super busy and I didn’t have time to revisit. we play some bigger events, and I was concerned wireless interference would be an issue, and then the M2 was released.

bought an M2, the switches on it are my backup if the bluetooth connection gets unstable. I control our entire show running in Ableton Live, and the ability this affords me to not be tied down to a specific spot on stage to trigger the show with a pedal is amazing. no hiccups, everything just works. thanks for such an awesome product!

Attachments

• IMG_5536.jpeg
    IMG_5536.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20
just wanted to follow up here - my initial experience with the Graviton M1 was a little sketchy, as apparently my XY controller had a bad battery that wouldn’t hold an adequate charge. I was shipped a replacement controller (thanks!) but things got super busy and I didn’t have time to revisit. we play some bigger events, and I was concerned wireless interference would be an issue, and then the M2 was released.

bought an M2, the switches on it are my backup if the bluetooth connection gets unstable. I control our entire show running in Ableton Live, and the ability this affords me to not be tied down to a specific spot on stage to trigger the show with a pedal is amazing. no hiccups, everything just works. thanks for such an awesome product!

Thanks! I'm glad to hear the show went well. The wireless connection from the XY, EC, F10W, F6W to the M1/M2 isn't Bluetooth; instead it's a custom type with significantly longer range and stronger interference resistance. This is especially important in RF crowded stages filled with wireless mics, IEMs, instruments, and more. It also never loses its pairing status or requires re-pairing ever, unlike Bluetooth.

Other users who had experienced significant drop out, pairing loss, etc with other wireless devices on live stages have also reported great results with the Graviton system.

Last edited:
Hi there, I received a Graviton M1 today. I’m very new to midi and not that technical - I’m struggling with the set up and configuration of presets.

I’m using the G1 with guitar effects pedals. I have a zoom ms70 cdr that is connected to the G1 using the usb C port. I have a zoia going into a chroma console (midi in to midi out), and the chroma console going into the G1 (midi in to trs 3). Finally I have a midi controller that is plugged into the usb host port (I’m using it to control parameters on the zoia.

I’ve configured the usb settings to ‘host (to midi devices)’, and trs3 is set to ‘midi out only’ mode, and ‘type A’.

Apart from that, I’m struggling to work out what to do next. I’ve tried the manual, but it seems like a run down of functions, rather than a ‘how to set it up’. Please can anyone help? I’m a visual learner and could do with a video tutorial on how to set up the G1. Can anyone help?

Hi there, I received a Graviton M1 today. I’m very new to midi and not that technical - I’m struggling with the set up and configuration of presets.

I’m using the G1 with guitar effects pedals. I have a zoom ms70 cdr that is connected to the G1 using the usb C port. I have a zoia going into a chroma console (midi in to midi out), and the chroma console going into the G1 (midi in to trs 3). Finally I have a midi controller that is plugged into the usb host port (I’m using it to control parameters on the zoia.

I’ve configured the usb settings to ‘host (to midi devices)’, and trs3 is set to ‘midi out only’ mode, and ‘type A’.

Apart from that, I’m struggling to work out what to do next. I’ve tried the manual, but it seems like a run down of functions, rather than a ‘how to set it up’. Please can anyone help? I’m a visual learner and could do with a video tutorial on how to set up the G1. Can anyone help?

Hi ! If you’re new to MIDI and want step by step help, using the chat function at luminitefx.com would be easier (including exchanging photos). Just drop a message there anytime.

Last edited:
Hey there! I’m a new user for this fun little guy, but owned a Morningstar for years and understand the graviton is growing. I have had it for only a day now now but a couple of my pet peeves are (or maybe you can help me find it)
1) the number of external midi options via wireless pedals, three inputs and missing a lot of use for all of them. Tap tempo option? I might be blind, but having that work and the tempo on the screen flicking with the beat is amazing.
2)Expression pedal- more options for the expression pedal can do.
3) the way the pages are setup don’t make sense to me. Using the Morningstar it’s easy to have a homepage…. Then direct yourself to other pages from there. Redirecting and making sense of works for the guitar player. On my Morningstar Home Screen I had each pedal represented on the first page. When I’d go to each page I had 3 midi expression pedals set up to exclusively to that pedal and normally scrolling through the user presets while still showing the presets. I would hit two buttons on the pedal to go “home” or I have an external 3 button pedal that I could assign each button to (which will be brought up as it doesn’t work with the graviton). Other presets I had were for linking to ableton or going into loopmode to make sure the timing was spot on and that’s another question? What is the exact latency for that with wireless?
4) as stated above… my three button switch pedal doesn’t work. Works fine h90 and Morningstar.
5) when is the tap/double tap/ release etc coming. This is limiting a bunch of my needs.
6) how much memory does this have? Any way to upload midi mapping of pedal one is working with along with the manual?
7) with the wireless 6 button pedal I noticed that hitting 1/2 and 4/5 create a separate signal. Is it possible to make the ones on the right work as well? 2/3 and 5/6
Thanks for listening and thanks for the device. Just venting and can get a little punted. I didn’t know what to expect when this fun guy came along and look forward for the update.

Ps. I’ve never tried it but the mortrix midi device seems to have a bunch of what I feel we’re missing. Let me know how I/ we can help.

1) the number of external midi options via wireless pedals, three inputs and missing a lot of use for all of them. Tap tempo option? I might be blind, but having that work and the tempo on the screen flicking with the beat is amazing.

Hi ! Yes Tap Tempo is supported, with real-time BPM display update (MIDI Editor > Tap on a Block > Tap on Type > select Tap Tempo )

2)Expression pedal- more options for the expression pedal can do.

Can you give some examples ? I would gladly to add more function to the expression if possible.

3) the way the pages are setup don’t make sense to me. Using the Morningstar it’s easy to have a homepage…. Then direct yourself to other pages from there. Redirecting and making sense of works for the guitar player. On my Morningstar Home Screen I had each pedal represented on the first page. When I’d go to each page I had 3 midi expression pedals set up to exclusively to that pedal and normally scrolling through the user presets while still showing the presets. I would hit two buttons on the pedal to go “home” or I have an external 3 button pedal that I could assign each button to (which will be brought up as it doesn’t work with the graviton). Other presets I had were for linking to ableton or going into loopmode to make sure the timing was spot on and that’s another question?

Graviton is a quite different system from Morningstar (touch vs button-based input, the types of peripheral devices supported, etc.), so naturally the UIs are quite different. Transitioning from one to another does require some time to get used to.

What is the exact latency for that with wireless?

The first click (waking up from sleep) takes 70ms; after that, it's near instantaneous (4-5ms). If the controller idles for 1 second, it will go to sleep again. This setup works well for tap tempo.

For the lowest possible latency when looping with a fast tempo:
  1. Connect the wireless footswitch to a USB power bank; this will activate the low latency mode (4-5ms) with no sleeping.
  2. Switch to wired mode (using a 1/4" cable from the footswitch to a Graviton TRS Jack).

4) as stated above… my three button switch pedal doesn’t work. Works fine h90 and Morningstar.

To make any third-party footswitch work, you need to use the 'Learn' function first.

5) when is the tap/double tap/ release etc coming. This is limiting a bunch of my needs.

In about 2 weeks.

6) how much memory does this have? Any way to upload midi mapping of pedal one is working with along with the manual?

Yes there is a Backup function, if that is what you meant ? You can save / load / import / export the whole system (10 slots)

7) with the wireless 6 button pedal I noticed that hitting 1/2 and 4/5 create a separate signal. Is it possible to make the ones on the right work as well? 2/3 and 5/6
Pressing two footswitches at once is not supported, unfortunately.

Mortrix is indeed very cool, but it seems to fall into a different price bracket. Nevertheless, I strongly recommend reading the manual to get an overall feel for the system's functionality. And yes feedback / feature requests are always appreciated. Thanks !

Last edited:
Hi ! Yes Tap Tempo is supported, with real-time BPM display update (MIDI Editor > Tap on a Block > Tap on Type > select Tap Tempo )

Can you give some examples ? I would gladly to add more function to the expression if possible.

Graviton is a quite different system from Morningstar (touch vs button-based input, the types of peripheral devices supported, etc.), so naturally the UIs are quite different. Transitioning from one to another does require some time to get used to.

The first click (waking up from sleep) takes 70ms; after that, it's near instantaneous (4-5ms). If the controller idles for 1 second, it will go to sleep again. This setup works well for tap tempo.

For the lowest possible latency when looping with a fast tempo:
  1. Connect the wireless footswitch to a USB power bank; this will activate the low latency mode (4-5ms) with no sleeping.
  2. Switch to wired mode (using a 1/4" cable from the footswitch to a Graviton TRS Jack).

To make any third-party footswitch work, you need to use the 'Learn' function first.

In about 2 weeks.

Yes there is a Backup function, if that is what you meant ? You can save / load / import / export the whole system (10 slots)

Pressing two footswitches at once is not supported, unfortunately.

Mortrix is indeed very cool, but it seems to fall into a different price bracket. Nevertheless, I strongly recommend reading the manual to get an overall feel for the system's functionality. And yes feedback / feature requests are always appreciated. Thanks !
Thanks for the quick response. Some things I searched for via the manual and couldn’t work. For example, the three button pedal connected via trs doesn’t work. When doin learn it only allows one button to be recognized and after the learning of the one it’s only on on when pressed down.

Thanks for the quick response. Some things I searched for via the manual and couldn’t work. For example, the three button pedal connected via trs doesn’t work. When doin learn it only allows one button to be recognized and after the learning of the one it’s only on on when pressed down.
What type of footswitch pedal do you have (momentary/latching)? Also, most 3-button pedals require a stereo cable (TRS) so make sure yours is too.

Back