Luminite Graviton M1 MIDI Controller

I don't remember if something like this was already requested.

Improvements to the toggling feature. Now what it does is switch between preset value and zero, but I have usecases for a non-zero value:
  1. On my BluGuitar Amp 1 ME, there's a hidden powersoak feature where it's off at 127 (full power) and on at anything less. Zero in this case is the lowest possible setting, which is pretty useless. So being able to toggle between on/off (e.g 62 for on, 127 for off) would be neat.
  2. Toggling between two settings without changing presets.
Here's how I think it could work:
  • Allow assigning a "toggle off value" for each MIDI message in the preset. Default to zero.
  • Allow a "ignore toggle" feature for a MIDI message if you want to send a message, but not have it toggled.
  • If toggle is enabled, and you activate the preset through e.g a footswitch:
    • On: Send the normal value.
    • Off: Send the "toggle off value" for each MIDI message configured.

I don't remember if something like this was already requested.

Improvements to the toggling feature. Now what it does is switch between preset value and zero, but I have usecases for a non-zero value:
  1. On my BluGuitar Amp 1 ME, there's a hidden powersoak feature where it's off at 127 (full power) and on at anything less. Zero in this case is the lowest possible setting, which is pretty useless. So being able to toggle between on/off (e.g 62 for on, 127 for off) would be neat.
  2. Toggling between two settings without changing presets.
Here's how I think it could work:
  • Allow assigning a "toggle off value" for each MIDI message in the preset. Default to zero.
  • Allow a "ignore toggle" feature for a MIDI message if you want to send a message, but not have it toggled.
  • If toggle is enabled, and you activate the preset through e.g a footswitch:
    • On: Send the normal value.
    • Off: Send the "toggle off value" for each MIDI message configured.

This already exists from a while back in the form of 'Toggling CC' and 'Toggling PC' messages (A/B Toggling), which will be sent instead of 'value 0' (as long as that Preset contains them, and 'Toggling On' is enabled). It works very similarly to how you described.

This already exists from a while back in the form of 'Toggling CC' and 'Toggling PC' messages (A/B Toggling), which will be sent instead of 'value 0' (as long as that Preset contains them, and 'Toggling On' is enabled). It works very similarly to how you described.
So many features it's hard to keep track!

Yeah this works perfectly for this.

Feature request:
As a user I’d like to know the status of expression pedals when I operate them. I can imagine that when a exppedal moves…in live mode…a screen pops up for a few seconds showing the % of the min max range it operates between…or the CC value.

Usefull for regular expression pedals, but even more so for the EC controllers where there is zero visual reference of the status.

Any chance on this reaching your backlog ?

Feature request:
As a user I’d like to know the status of expression pedals when I operate them. I can imagine that when a exppedal moves…in live mode…a screen pops up for a few seconds showing the % of the min max range it operates between…or the CC value.

Usefull for regular expression pedals, but even more so for the EC controllers where there is zero visual reference of the status.

That would be great. Maybe just a little bar on the side that pops up, or a simple numeric value in the top bar.

Man I’m late to this party but damn if this doesn’t have my interest. I’ve been looking for a small midi controller for shows and this seems to be pretty feature-rich…

So I just put an order in for the EC controller! Hoping to get it set up as volume knobs for the boss gm-800 and the boss sy-1000

Feature request:

That would be great. Maybe just a little bar on the side that pops up, or a simple numeric value in the top bar.

Yes it’s already in 4.3 (Beta) which will be online tomorrow

@Luminite, would it be possible to configure the M1 trs outputs as voltage controls?
If you set one of the M1's TRS Jacks as CV Adapter (Settings > TRS), it will output PWM (square wave) signal, which require some filtering into DC (which is what the Relay + CV Adapters do)

Last edited:
Graviton M1 / M2 Software Update 4.3.0 (Beta)

New Features:

• Programmable 1st Tap, 2nd Tap, 3rd Tap, Double Tap, Hold Tap Action for every XY switches, footswitches and EC push buttons (can be used at the same time for 5 Actions per switch).
  • Virtual LEDs for Presets On / Off state: Improved visual feedback.
  • Live View: Customize display information, additional BPM, Song, Setlist options.
  • Live View: EC Controllers and Expression Pedals real time value feedback.
  • New Action: Encoder Click: XY Switches and Footswitch presses can function as clicks from EC Controllers.
  • New Action: Bank Toggle: Jump between the current bank and a Bank of your choice
  • New Action: Bank A/B: Jump betwen two Banks of your choice.
  • New Action: Shortcut > Live / Preset Library: Switch to Live and Preset Library with one button press.
  • New Action: Change LCD Brightness: With button presses.
  • New Message: Clock + and Clock -: nudge BPM up and down by a set amount.
  • New Message: Set Toggle: Set the On / Off State of a target Preset.
  • New Message: Counter CC and Counter PC Send: Send the current counter value only
  • EC Controller Knobs: Set Increase / Decrease Adjustment independent from the rotating direction.
  • Encoder Message: Can change Counter CC and Counter PC.
  • Encoder Message: Can change MIDI Clock.
  • Keyboard: Improved layout with a full set of special characters.
  • Footswitch: Sensivity setting from within Footswitch Pedals Screen.
  • MIDI In: Incoming USB MIDI Messages can be used to trigger Preset / Action.
  • Software Update: Option to roll back to the last stable release.
  • Slightly faster UI speed.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed: Tap Tempo: always start from 40 BPM.
  • Fixed: Preset Mode / Setlist Mode switching: clearer button function.
  • Decpreciated: Last Sent messages. Use MIDI Tracking instead.
  • Decpreciated: Toggling Auto-Reset. Use Set Toggle Message instead.
  • Name Change: Scrolling CC/PC to Counter CC/PC.
Enjoy and please report bugs here ;)

Last edited:
If you set one of the M1's TRS Jacks as CV Adapter (Settings > TRS), it will output PWM (square wave) signal, which require some filtering into DC (which is what the Relay + CV Adapters do)
You are overestimating my intelligence;)

Will it control another unit at its expression input?

@Luminite, installed the update and went to try the F6W features.

Issues:
  • M1 crashes if I press F6W footswitches a few times to switch presets or toggle presets on/off.
    • This was with all my pedals etc off so MIDI out from M1 was not connected to anything.
    • It doesn't seem to crash if I use the M1 screen instead of the F6W.
    • I think it is related to toggle states because if I go to a bank where there are only regular presets, it works fine. But the unit crashed immediately when I just moved to a bank with toggle presets using the M1 screen while I'm in the Footswitch Controllers view.
    • Also crashes in Preset Library view.
    • Seems to also crash doing the same things with the XY controller
  • In Home -> Preset Library:
    • Presets with toggle enabled show as turned on (small blue dot). Should show as turned off.
      • If I toggle them manually, then switch banks back and forth they seem to track just fine. But the issue comes back on restart.
    • If I move from a bank with toggle presets to a bank that has none, you need to activate a preset before the dots disappear.
      • Same goes the other way, need to activate a preset for dots to appear.
    • Preset label can slightly overlap its number if the label is long in Block view. I had preset 109 - Gain Rnge Off where the text Gain is going just a bit under the number. Maybe you can solve this by reducing the text vertical spacing if the label is long? Totally minor issue tho.
  • XY controller:
    • Seems to show weird numbers for the battery state in the upper right corner. If I press buttons it toggles between different numbers there, like 23, then 4, then 11, 18... F6W does not do this. Then when I waited and pressed XY again it showed 26.

You are overestimating my intelligence;)

Will it control another unit at its expression input?
Without filtering, it's similar to someone rocking the expression pedal few thousand times per second, so unlikely I think. You can try though.

@Luminite, installed the update and went to try the F6W features.

Issues:
  • M1 crashes if I press F6W footswitches a few times to switch presets or toggle presets on/off.
    • This was with all my pedals etc off so MIDI out from M1 was not connected to anything.
    • It doesn't seem to crash if I use the M1 screen instead of the F6W.
    • I think it is related to toggle states because if I go to a bank where there are only regular presets, it works fine. But the unit crashed immediately when I just moved to a bank with toggle presets using the M1 screen while I'm in the Footswitch Controllers view.
    • Also crashes in Preset Library view.
I experienced this as well. I think right after updated, the flash file system was trying do some maintaining tasks in the background, which will crash if the UI gets updated too often or for too long (LEDs drawing). Waiting a bit for it to finish its job (a few minutes) seems to work, as crashing stopped after for me.

Last edited:
I experienced this as well. I think right after updated, the flash file system was trying do some maintaining tasks in the background, which will crash if the UI gets updated too often or for too long (LEDs drawing). Waiting a bit for it to finish its job (a few minutes) seems to work, as crashing stopped after for me.
I let the device sit for probably 15 minutes and still crashes if I use the F6W on banks with toggles.

I let the device sit for probably 15 minutes and still crashes if I use the F6W on banks with toggles.
Yeah the culprit is definitely the Toggle LEDs. I’ll try to reduce their ‘halo effect’ as its can be quite CPU heavy

Yeah the culprit is definitely the Toggle LEDs. I’ll try to reduce their ‘halo effect’ as its can be quite CPU heavy
Wait, the effect itself is making it crash or run out of CPU? I think you could probably just use a bitmap image for that, or just a simple "circle with two different colors".

Back