Luminite Graviton M1 MIDI Controller

With Momentary Enabled, the current behaviour is: LED is on while holding / off on release (in MIDI Editor / Preset Library / Devices Screens) as it should be (?) for me :unsure: which screen are you looking at ?
I was using the Devices -> Footswitch view. Now that I rebooted my device to try this again, the momentary seems to actually work where it defaulted to "LED off" and holding it turned the LED on and then back off. For some reason this didn't work yesterday at all.

I don't understand this. With Toggling Enabled, the current behaviour is: LED on = normal CC sent, LED off = CC with value 0 sent (or Toggling CC/PC if added). So it matches the Effect On/Off statuses on the screen of the target device.
When I start the M1, all toggles in every bank default to LED on, even when you have never used that preset. This makes it look like those presets are active when they are not. They should default to LED off until you activate the preset, and then track with the behavior you mention above.

I don't know how easy it is to do, but I think for bank changes via double tap or hold functions, it should not highlight any block because it can misleadingly look like it is active. For example, my layout for Strymon Deco presets look like this for the F6W in Devices -> Footswitch:

(O) = toggle
(X) = active preset

Code:
[ Deco 4 ] [ Deco 5 ] [ Deco A.F (O) ]
[ Deco 1 ] [ Deco 2 ] [ Deco 3   (X) ]

Hold tap mapping:

Code:
[ None   ] [ None   ] [ None ]
[ Bank - ] [ Bank + ] [ None ]

Current behavior:
  1. Hold "Deco 1" -> Bank decrement.
  2. "Deco 1" (bottom left) is highlighted.
  3. Show "Bank -" on bottom left.
  4. Switch to previous bank.
  5. Bottom left block is still highlighted, which makes it seem like it's the active preset.
I can see from the top that "Deco 3" is still active, but at a glance my brain says the slot for "Deco 1" in the previous bank is active.

The flow should be something like this instead:
  2. Highlight bottom left block.
  5. Show bottom left slot preset, but keep it unhighlighted.
Now going back to Deco's bank:
  1. Hold "Deco 2" -> Bank increment.
  2. Highlight bottom center block.
  3. Show "Bank +" on bottom center.
  4. Switch to next bank.
  5. Show bottom right slot ("Deco 3") as highlighted because it's the current active preset.
I don't know if this causes some conflict I am not thinking about right now, but I think that would keep it clearer what is currently active.

I was using the Devices -> Footswitch view. Now that I rebooted my device to try this again, the momentary seems to actually work where it defaulted to "LED off" and holding it turned the LED on and then back off. For some reason this didn't work yesterday at all.
I think I found the bug. If you enabled Momentary, and use touchscreen on that Preset, it will get stuck on the 'On' state. Fixing now.

When I start the M1, all toggles in every bank default to LED on, even when you have never used that preset. This makes it look like those presets are active when they are not. They should default to LED off until you activate the preset, and then track with the behavior you mention above.
I understand now. The On/Off state of each preset is supposed to be retained (saved to flash memory) even after rebooting. However, the saving process is only triggered when you edit that preset, not while playing / toggling them (to avoid unnecessary flash wearing).

So it may appear that all LEDs are defaulted to 'On.' This is because no saving event occurred before powering the M1 off, rather than an intentional default setting. The saving doesn't really work in cases like this anyway, so maybe ignoring the last states and default everything to 'Off' on reboot is better than being stuck with "On".

I don't know how easy it is to do, but I think for bank changes via double tap or hold functions, it should not highlight any block because it can misleadingly look like it is active. For example, my layout for Strymon Deco presets look like this for the F6W in Devices -> Footswitch:

(O) = toggle
(X) = active preset

Code:
[ Deco 4 ] [ Deco 5 ] [ Deco A.F (O) ]
[ Deco 1 ] [ Deco 2 ] [ Deco 3   (X) ]

Hold tap mapping:

Code:
[ None   ] [ None   ] [ None ]
[ Bank - ] [ Bank + ] [ None ]

Current behavior:
  2. "Deco 1" (bottom left) is highlighted.
  5. Bottom left block is still highlighted, which makes it seem like it's the active preset.
I can see from the top that "Deco 3" is still active, but at a glance my brain says the slot for "Deco 1" in the previous bank is active.

The flow should be something like this instead:
  2. Highlight bottom left block.
  5. Show bottom left slot preset, but keep it unhighlighted.
Now going back to Deco's bank:
  1. Hold "Deco 2" -> Bank increment.
  2. Highlight bottom center block.
  3. Show "Bank +" on bottom center.
  4. Switch to next bank.
  5. Show bottom right slot ("Deco 3") as highlighted because it's the current active preset.
I don't know if this causes some conflict I am not thinking about right now, but I think that would keep it clearer what is currently active.

There will be UI conflicts with highlighting the current active preset (as the Preset Library view is for) instead of highlighting the triggered Actions in the Devices view.

Example: If you go back by a normal 'Bank -' or 'Bank Toggle' instead of 'Holding Deco 2', highlighting 'Deco 3' instead mean the 'Bank -' or 'Bank Toggle' action won't have any visual feedback to shown it was triggered. This can be confusing or inconsistent for users.

Maybe the Preset underneath a Hold / Double Action can stay unhighlighted, but keep the white border to show Hold / Double Action was triggered successfully ?

In overall, all Hold / Double / Release Actions should only retain its white border after being triggered, while the primary action underneath stay unhighlighted. That is my suggestion, but I'm open to ideas :)

Last edited:
I understand now. The On/Off state of each preset is supposed to be retained (saved to flash memory) even after rebooting. However, the saving process is only triggered when you edit that preset, not while playing / toggling them (to avoid unnecessary flash wearing).

So it may appear that all LEDs are defaulted to 'On.' This is because no saving event occurred before powering the M1 off, rather than an intentional default setting. The saving doesn't really work in cases like this anyway, so maybe ignoring the last states and default everything to 'Off' on reboot is better than being stuck with "On".
Yeah I think keeping track of the states while the pedal is on is enough, considering MIDI pedals aren't consistent in how they behave after power on. Some will default to the first preset and some default bypass state, some will remember their last state. For example my Strymons remember their last state but my BluGuitar does not.

There will be UI conflicts with highlighting the current active preset (as the Preset Library view is for) instead of highlighting the triggered Actions in the Devices view.

Example: If you go back by a normal 'Bank -' or 'Bank Toggle' instead of 'Holding Deco 2', highlighting 'Deco 3' instead mean the 'Bank -' or 'Bank Toggle' action won't have any visual feedback to shown it was triggered. This can be confusing or inconsistent for users.

Maybe the Preset underneath a Hold / Double Action should be transparent when not activated, but keeping the white border after Hold / Double Action was triggered successfully ? In overall, all Hold / Double / Release Actions should only retain its white border after triggered. That is my suggestion, but I'm open to ideas :)
You mean by "normal", using 1st tap for bank changes?

Maybe there could be say a dotted border for activated action "location" and a solid border for active presets or something?

Yeah I think keeping track of the states while the pedal is on is enough, considering MIDI pedals aren't consistent in how they behave after power on. Some will default to the first preset and some default bypass state, some will remember their last state. For example my Strymons remember their last state but my BluGuitar does not.
Yes thats true, I’ll fix it.

You mean by "normal", using 1st tap for bank changes?
Yeah 1st tap

Maybe there could be say a dotted border for activated action "location" and a solid border for active presets or something?
Dotted border is a bit tricky to code. I tried blue borders for activated actions quite a while ago. Will try again, it may work

Graviton M1 / M2 Software Update 4.3.5 (Beta)
  • New feature: Silent Mode for Presets: send Presets without updating the screen (MIDI Editor / Live).
  • New feature: Setlist Mode: Switch to the next / previous Song after scrolling past the last / first Song Preset.
  • Improved: Triggered Hold / Double / Release Action won’t highlight the Action underneath after.
  • Improved: Hold Action behaviour.
  • Bug Fixes.
How to Update / Rollback:
  • Go to Settings > Update / Rollback > Follow the on-screen instructions.
  • You can switch between Beta and the last Stable Release anytime without loosing programmed data.
  • It's recommended to stay on the Stable Release for gigging.

Back