Lovepedal ‘Sale’

DrewJD82

Staff member
It’s not really a sale, but they’re making a bunch of pedals to order right now for $100 each. The Dover Drive 178 and Zen Drive included! There’s 11 pedals in all and I’m seriously kinda sweaty right now because I have 2 more in my cart after ordering the Dover Drive 178 last night. It’s stupid to pass these up for $100, just go look on Reverb at the prices Zen Drives and Dover Drives are currently going for.

@la szum , you have a Zen Drive?

Are their pedals legit? I have heard of the Zendrive but not familiar with others. Some dirt options would be nice :unsure:

I posted a thread about it on Saturday night but got crickets. ;)

Technically it is a "sale," as Sean has an online shop and you can purchase some of these
pedals at a much higher price. Some of the other pedals offered on the Shopify site (that is
only active when he has these 2 or 3 day sales) are one-off builds that he is probably
offering because he has the specific components to build them.

I snagged a BC178 Dover. Never seen it offered. And $100 for a Dover? Are you kidding me??

He probably found a good stash of those Silicon transistors and decided to make a bunch of Dovers
with them. Pretty cool.

Technically it is a "sale," as Sean has an online shop and you can purchase some of these
pedals at a much higher price. Some of the other pedals offered on the Shopify site (that is
only active when he has these 2 or 3 day sales) are one-off builds that he is probably

I snagged a BC178 Dover. Never seen it offered. And $100 for a Dover? Are you kidding me??

He probably found a good stash of those Silicon transistors and decided to make a bunch of Dovers
with them. Pretty cool.
What's the Dover like?

Are their pedals legit? I have heard of the Zendrive but not familiar with others. Some dirt options would be nice :unsure:

Josh Smith. Robben Ford. Billy Duffy. Eric Johnson. They all use a Lovepedal/Hermida Audio as an
essential element in their rig---and for a long time now.

There are others, but those are just some of the big cats off the top of my head. Sean (Lovepedal) is
a great dude. He's from my neck of the woods, so I know him a little. He's built me a few pedals and
sent stuff for me to check out in the past. He's super generous with his time and know how. I may be
a bit biased. :idk

It’s not really a sale, but they’re making a bunch of pedals to order right now for $100 each. The Dover Drive 178 and Zen Drive included! There’s 11 pedals in all and I’m seriously kinda sweaty right now because I have 2 more in my cart after ordering the Dover Drive 178 last night. It’s stupid to pass these up for $100, just go look on Reverb at the prices Zen Drives and Dover Drives are currently going for.

@la szum , you have a Zen Drive?

I've played/owned all the variants in the past, Drew. Sold my Red to a friend who demanded it. ;)
Gave my White to another guitar playing friend, because he's a cool dude. The White up there is
super smooth. Not much hair, if any. Think Dumble and you are in the nighbourhood.

Glad I pulled the trigger when I did. Whew! :banana

If history is any indication I would keep my eyes peeled for another sale
around Black Friday time. There could be another between now and then,
but that would be a tight window to pull of the builds from this sale, and
then do another before the 3rd week of November.

with them. Pretty cool.

I didn’t even see it! But I was nursing a pretty serious hangover on Saturday. :rofl

What's the Dover like?

I’ve been using mine for everything from boosting a Plexi into the violin tone, or rolling the Drive way back and doing the lightly-distorted Gilmour stuff. A whammy pedal, chorus and Dover Drive = automatic “Marooned” tone. It’s quite thick and warm, like playing on the bridge single coil isn’t shrill at all with that pedal, no matter where the Tone knob is set.

I’ve never really been one of those “I gotta have them all” guys, but I guarantee before the year is over, I will own all the Dover Drive variants.

Alf wasn't much of a business man, and as an independent builder the shit was piling
on top of him trying to fulfill orders and having a massive waitlist. There was a bit of
Internet backlash about it, too.

I am super grateful for Sean aligning with Alf and allowing Hermida Audio to continue.

Alf wasn't much of a business man, and as an independent builder the s**t was piling
on top of him trying to fulfill orders and having a massive waitlist. There was a bit of
Internet backlash about it, too.

I am super grateful for Sean aligning with Alf and allowing Hermida Audio to continue.

I actually don’t know any history behind the company at all. The names alone confuse me a bit….is it Lovepedal, or is it Hermida Audio? Or both?

Josh Smith. Robben Ford. Billy Duffy. Eric Johnson. They all use a Lovepedal/Hermida Audio as an
essential element in their rig---and for a long time now.
Not EJ, nothing Lovepedal has is part of his core rig. He use the Dover Drive for his bedroom rig... :)
I have bought a couple pedals on previous "sales". I have to say the build quality is pretty flimsy.

Not EJ, nothing Lovepedal has is part of his core rig. He use the Dover Drive for his bedroom rig... :)
I have bought a couple pedals on previous "sales". I have to say the build quality is pretty flimsy.

Thanks. Clarification is important. :beer

Yeah, you have a right to your view. I disagree, though. I have owned dozens (and am biased,
as I know Sean, and said so above), so you will not convince me my experience is invalid. Not
a single failure or issue.

I'll trust and honour my own actual experience here, as you should trust yours. :beer

Yeah, you have a right to your view. I disagree, though. I have owned dozens (and am biased,
as I know Sean, and said so above), so you will not convince me my experience is invalid. Not
a single failure or issue.

I'll trust and honour my own actual experience here, as you should trust yours. :beer
You may be a tad biased indeed, but that's all right. 🍻 Bottoms up!

I don’t even know where Hermida ends and Lovepedal begins, but I know when I opened my DD to f*ck with the bias it was as well built as any other pedal I’ve ever owned. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My old school DD shipped this morning, so I’ll get that before I get the 178. Now I gotta start tracking down the other ones.

Back