Line6 POD Express Black

Check out Jons video here.... what's interesting to me [again] is he pumps up the gain much higher than JNC, and yet they still remain clear and tight and focused and musical .... not like like bursts of white noise :) If I were a much "higher-gain'ier" player I'd have already ordered one plus a 2 button FSW ... but I'm not :)

All things considered this pedal is up there for my tastes/needs for this kind of thing, sounding good across a bunch of videos.

Cheap price, decent/good modelling, has boosts and basic mod/delay. Not sure if there’s a noise gate but pretty compelling for a cheap practice pedal

As a kid someone leant us one of these and it was kicking around for years…tempted to grab one and do a video on it now 🤣. My memories even back then were… this sucks. Would have been into a fender style tube combo or a crummy peavey practice amp of some kind…. Tone for days
I had one of those too!

agreed , I think the black sounds great also interesting with this one they did get the new Dynamic verbs in there , by splitting verb/delay
I'm curious on that one, because in both JNC and Jon's vids the manual screenshots are a little different - the latest version of the manual doesn't specify the exact model and it looks like there are less parameters in the editor...so maybe they are slightly altered versions of those algorithms?

From the manual (upper page is POD Express Guitar, lower page is the Black)

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 7.14.52 PM.png

I'm curious on that one, because in both JNC and Jon's vids the manual screenshots are a little different - the latest version of the manual doesn't specify the exact model and it looks like there are less parameters in the editor...so maybe they are slightly altered versions of those algorithms?

From the manual (upper page is POD Express Guitar, lower page is the Black)

View attachment 31557
yep. that is not the same as the one that released this afternoon , its been edited , you would have to ask DI about that .
My guess is that if it is the Dynamic that's why it has only 2 delays and 2 reverbs , to fit in the extra processing power , but maybe it was a typo i

All things considered this pedal is up there for my tastes/needs for this kind of thing, sounding good across a bunch of videos.

Cheap price, decent/good modelling, has boosts and basic mod/delay. Not sure if there’s a noise gate but pretty compelling for a cheap practice pedal
it does have a gate, just like the OG Express

I wholeheartedly agree. His riffs are super cool and keep the videos fresh and interesting always. He’s one of the very few folks on Youtube whose playthroughs I actually watch without skipping around.
He just doesn't babble. If I want hot air I eat beans and pork for breakfast.

Also him being dutch it's really easy for me to follow him speakinf english. Almost same pronounciation as a German speaking English.

Back