Line6 POD Express Black

fox tv GIF by Empire FOX

I can’t possibly hate on this. When i was growing up my distortion boxes were a Dod Supra and Thrash Master. Both terrible. Modern tech is so awesome.

Similar experience here. When I started out back in the late 80s, and even into the 90s, all the affordable stuff sounded terrible. If I had tones like these back then I'd have ended up in the ER with a 4 hour boner.

I can’t possibly hate on this. When i was growing up my distortion boxes were a Dod Supra and Thrash Master. Both terrible. Modern tech is so awesome.
As a kid someone leant us one of these and it was kicking around for years…tempted to grab one and do a video on it now 🤣. My memories even back then were… this sucks. Would have been into a fender style tube combo or a crummy peavey practice amp of some kind…. Tone for days

Attachments

• IMG_7228.jpeg
    IMG_7228.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 1
Tones created by and guitar performed by John Browne (Monuments) and Javier Reyes (Animals as Leaders). Mixed by Igor.

This is not for me and I'm not going to buy one ... however ... JNC's demo where he just plays the Amps sounds f*cking glorious .... the Amps aren't stupidly-hash-gained-sounding-like-controlled-noise-bursts which so much high gain is these days .... and they have awesome clarity and string definition and all have their own thing going on ... huge kudos to the builders :)

Whack a small 2 Button FSW and you have instant access to 4 custom presets and then hit just two-buttons-together and you can bank up to more presets .... f*cking crazy amazing rig.

The usual question for D.I. .... I assume the algorithms in this unit are from the pre-Helix FW 3.10 generation (?)

Congrats and great work !

Back